Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
bug report : ORGANIZ3D and CHHM have troubles handling folders with accents in their names, I have three theme folders with "Pokémon" in their names, the programs see it, but not the files inside of them (plus the "é" was displayed as a square).

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's absolutely rinnegatamante's prerogative to dismiss requests by the community to improve usability without reason or explanation.

But I've come to the same conclusion; if rinnegatamante's application doesn't meet the community's needs, then we need a new solution that does.
If i have some time in the next few days i could fork it and add this option:

You have to insert 3 preview file:
One for the bottom screen
One for the top screen
One is the "logo"

The logo will be on the upper screen while selecting the theme, and it could have the sign of the author plus credits.
Then, if you want, you can press a button (X or Y, must decide) to show you the top and bottom screen preview image. Press the button again to exit the preview)

I think is not going to be used because no one wants to make 3 different files only for preview, but i can take it a look

descac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One for the top screen
One is the "logo"

The logo will be on the upper screen while selecting the theme, and it could have the sign of the author plus credits.
Then, if you want, you can press a button (X or Y, must decide) to show you the top and bottom screen preview image. Press the button again to exit the preview)

I think is not going to be used because no one wants to make 3 different files only for preview, but i can take it a look
Maybe allow an icon for the folder too?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

One for the top screen
One is the "logo"

Sounds fantastic!

Creating separate top and bottom previews is no more difficult than creating a single screenshot from the home menu.

The logo may get overlooked, but it's nice to have the option. I think many theme makers would be keen to be able to credit the creators of any assets they've used.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax users:

Theme files: sdmc:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/MyThemeName/
Previews: sdmc:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/MyThemeName/preview.png
------------------
GW users:

Theme files: sdmc:/Themes/MyThemeName/
Previews: sdmc:/Themes/MyThemeName/preview.png

so this helped a ton, I didn't know that each theme needed to be put into separate folders and then i found out through trial and error that in order to load the theme, after selecting it you have to exit and re enter emuNAND (gateway)

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds fantastic!

Creating separate top and bottom previews is no more difficult than creating a single screenshot from the home menu.

The logo may get overlooked, but it's nice to have the option. I think many theme makers would be keen to be able to credit the creators of any assets they've used.

the "logo" could be a simple copy of the "upper screen" image

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

One for the top screen
One is the "logo"

Assuming users uses ONLY 3DS Screenshots as previews, you can use only a preview.png to show both screen using the Screen.drawPartialImage function provided with lpp-3ds [ http://rinnegatamante.netsons.org/lpp-3ds_doc.html ].

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I had two custom themes I had no problem exiting CHMM, but now that I have five the program freezes whenever I hit start.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this theme doesn't change when i press A and then start. i installed alle original 3ds theme as cia is this the reason?

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
this theme doesn't change when i press A and then start. i installed alle original 3ds theme as cia is this the reason?

you have to reboot your home menu after applying your theme.
Simply press the power button, wait until the power-off screen shows up, and then press the home button.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a small idea for this homebrew:

As simple as it is, and it works which is great however. Previews for touch screen is somewhat required.
The menu is on the bottom screen, but this isn't an issue if the touchscreen preview is triggered by a keypress. Like holding L, R etc. Or even holding the touchscreen..

I think also credit or notes should be viewable too. So theme creators (such as myself) can let others know who has made the themes. If they have used a image that someone else has created they can credit them and so on.
A keypress/hold of "Y" would be pretty cool to have info displayed. I'm not sure on the complications of print being on top of images and so on, I'm not a programmer - although I wish I could contribute. :(

So far great work on this as it's simplified the process of loading themes, and I've had a good night making some. I wish you all success on making this homebrew even better, and the suggestions I've mention I think would be a great addition :)

Dudes, i think there is an access issue to being able to draw to both screens. not positive, but pretty sure ive seen this issue referenced a few times.

as far as credits and whatnot, my preview.png's have been as such:
preview.png
preview.png

the addons you've mentioned would be nice, and i would be happy to see future versions like this. but the app functions very well and at some point you should learn to adapt.

EDIT: Shit, sorry, forgot to quote Zidapi. That last part was for his attitude in this post.

It's absolutely rinnegatamante's prerogative to dismiss requests by the community to improve usability without reason or explanation.

But I've come to the same conclusion; if rinnegatamante's application doesn't meet the community's needs, then we need a new solution that does.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny