Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Wooohooo! Awesome job man. Tested with Asia81's theme :)
However the app locked up my 3DS completely. I had to hard reset. After I reset the theme loaded up just like an original theme would.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so just to make sure, we do have to reboot for the custom theme to show up right? if I just press start to exit, the theme wont change.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a small idea for this homebrew:

As simple as it is, and it works which is great however. Previews for touch screen is somewhat required.
The menu is on the bottom screen, but this isn't an issue if the touchscreen preview is triggered by a keypress. Like holding L, R etc. Or even holding the touchscreen..

I think also credit or notes should be viewable too. So theme creators (such as myself) can let others know who has made the themes. If they have used a image that someone else has created they can credit them and so on.
A keypress/hold of "Y" would be pretty cool to have info displayed. I'm not sure on the complications of print being on top of images and so on, I'm not a programmer - although I wish I could contribute. :(

So far great work on this as it's simplified the process of loading themes, and I've had a good night making some. I wish you all success on making this homebrew even better, and the suggestions I've mention I think would be a great addition :)

Reactions: SLiV3R

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

As simple as it is, and it works which is great however. Previews for touch screen is somewhat required.
The menu is on the bottom screen, but this isn't an issue if the touchscreen preview is triggered by a keypress. Like holding L, R etc. Or even holding the touchscreen..

I think also credit or notes should be viewable too. So theme creators (such as myself) can let others know who has made the themes. If they have used a image that someone else has created they can credit them and so on.
A keypress/hold of "Y" would be pretty cool to have info displayed. I'm not sure on the complications of print being on top of images and so on, I'm not a programmer - although I wish I could contribute. :(

So far great work on this as it's simplified the process of loading themes, and I've had a good night making some. I wish you all success on making this homebrew even better, and the suggestions I've mention I think would be a great addition :)

Preview can be scrolled with Circle Pad (so it's possible to insert Credits here and is possible to put also a Bottom Screen preview).

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS XL (EUR)

Backgroundmusic ia not working for me, only the Theme itself.

bgm.bcstm for each Theme is in between 466.712 - 3.328.416 Bytes

(Working with ExtDataTool)

Could you add status reports that the files got installed and speed up
browsing preview picture?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
3DS XL (EUR)

Backgroundmusic ia not working for me, only the Theme itself.

bgm.bcstm for each Theme is in between 466.712 - 3.328.416 Bytes

(Working with ExtDataTool)

Could you add status reports that the files got installed and speed up
browsing preview picture?

To speed up preview pictures you can save them as BMP and rename with windows from .bmp to .png (BMP loading is much faster then PNG ones).

Good idea for status reports, i'll add this on next release.

x3braindmg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tanks for the great work!!:lol:
Tank+icon.png
Tank+icon.png

Toshisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded this today. I had already made three custom themes and was working on a fourth one when i saw the custom homemenu manager. It really simplifies things, however two of my themes weren't orginally loading, i couldn't figure out why but i rechecked the files with the 3ds theme editor (Though I use Rai's Yata for setting themes up first since for some reason when I use the 3ds theme editor i get that annoying white box in the upper left corner. Her's doesn't have that.) And found that the background music box had been unchecked. I checked it and saved the body_lz.bin file and after replacing and reloading the themes again, the music worked fine. (I had made BGM files for the themes earlier)

Anyway, thanks for this awesome tool, it saves a nice amount of time as far as changing themes on the fly goes in it's current state :3

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome tool! Anyone having trouble with it should try changing the 3DS theme setting to "Do not use a theme" and resetting the system.

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am I doing something wrong? I set the files in folder Themes/ThemeA
Using BGM.bcstm and body_LZ.bin
I press A and nothing happens, and nothing happens. I've seen people having troubles with BGM, is that what happens?

Gateway emunand 9.4

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I made a near identical request and was shot down by OP. He just doesn't get it, and doesn't seem interested in our feedback.

Maybe if a dozen more people request this feature he'll implement it. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
I made a near identical request and was shot down by OP. He just doesn't get it, and doesn't seem interested in our feedback.

Maybe if a dozen more people request this feature he'll implement it. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I guess, if you want it done right, do it yourself. It's the developer's homebrew, and it is their work so :/

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey I have a problem there testing with GW, I made the folder like shown there and booted the .3ds version
I can see the themes and the previews as well but I press A and then start to back, but the theme still not there o-o

Edit: nevermind, I forgot to restart lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.