• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

ChatGPT (and the wider mainstream thought) is biased in favor of women?

Deleted member 672055

OP
Trophies
XP
I just noticed something interesting in the social discourse, and lately started playing with ChatGPT... turns out you can quote "kill all men", say you hate men's rights activists etc., but the moment you say "i hate feminists" or just "i hate women", it's a violation of policy.

This is quite a fun phenomenon of the sprouting bias in favor of women. Isn't it funny how in the West women/feminists have become the sacred cows of this world where you can't even bring up any concern about your wellbeing and safety because you will be yelled at and called a misogynist?

I'm not even talking about those people from the MGTOW/incel crowd that started doing the mirror reflection of modern feminism (the whole 'men and females' bullshit or redpill community) - I'm talking about regular men who mostly have been victims of domestic violence or childhood abuse coming from their mothers/other women relatives, men whose opinions are immediately discarded on the basis of them being men (regardless of the opinion), men who have no mental health support (that's a bit of a more complex issue but modern feminism isn't doing shit about it either)

Hell, usually you'd say feminists and the wider trans community are great besties - but make no mistake.

The modern feminism hates transgender men for not being the "sweet little feminine boys" they want us to be, because for them being "just a regular man" is the same as being a misogynist.

Hell, as a t-guy myself I don't feel any allyship with women or feminists. They would fucking throw people like me under the bus if it would profit them. It's not really about gender equality, it's about replacing patriarchy with matriarchy.

this is why i would rather call myself a fucking sexist pig at this point, because "egalitarianism" for these people is just "crypto-misogyny"

I don't wanna be this guy, but isn't it fucked up that men, whether cisgender or transgender can't fucking speak their mind because if they don't bow down to women they're misogynist?

by the way, all i ask for in this thread is don't go spout about 'wokeism' every post, it's not an argument, keep it understandable for everyone.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your first sentences were interesting, but then it sort of decayed a bit to the point I'm not interested in discussing. But ey...let's work with that...

I've not tested chatgpt for that, but my reasoning is that women often generalize to vent a bit and men more to address a problem. Wit that context, something like

I HATE ALL MEN!!!! :angry:

is best approached in the context in which I often hear it: it's a way to vend off frustration. Take it from someone who has a girlfriend: they don't really hate all men. It's just bad experience with the average men-encounter in the personal area (aka: try being on a dating site as a woman).

On the opposite side, a statement like

I HATE ALL WOMEN!!!! :angry:

is more likely to be uttered by someone plotting hate crimes against females in their near future. It probably also stems from bad experience with the average woman-encounter in the personal area, but...erm...let's say that some men have a tendency to interpret signs of non-interest or rejection as more personal than meant.

Deleted member 672055

OP
Trophies
XP
I've not tested chatgpt for that, but my reasoning is that women often generalize to vent a bit and men more to address a problem. Wit that context, something like

I HATE ALL MEN!!!! :angry:

is best approached in the context in which I often hear it: it's a way to vend off frustration. Take it from someone who has a girlfriend: they don't really hate all men. It's just bad experience with the average men-encounter in the personal area (aka: try being on a dating site as a woman).
it's not even about hating all men, you have these weirdos spouting "kill all men" on daily (sure, you can argue that shitholes called social media aren't the best statistic, but to claim it isn't representative of an average modern feminist is just stupid)

and that somehow... is "just a way to vent", holy shit!

On the opposite side, a statement like

I HATE ALL WOMEN!!!! :angry:

is more likely to be uttered by someone plotting hate crimes against females in their near future. It probably also stems from bad experience with the average woman-encounter in the personal area, but...erm...let's say that some men have a tendency to interpret signs of non-interest or rejection as more personal than meant.
so when a man says he hates women he's a misogynist and an incel, but when a woman says she hates men it's just 'venting'?

you haven't even really touched the fact how feminism alienates a good part of transgender men by trying to make us like sweet little babyboys that obey their female overlords :rofl2: we can't vent about how we were abused by women (cis or trans) because suddenly we're also in the same lane as the redpill crowd whose issue is not being able to accept rejection - do you seriously think this is fair?

you know, it's not a matter of "poor oppressed men being angy", because that's not the case most of the time. but like... where's the gender equality in here? that's just a (pathetic) attempt at trying to replace patriarchy with matriarchy, as some sort of reparation (same case with the white guilt bullshit that people push on EVERYONE while it's mostly western issues)

Then, report it?
thank you captain obvious but i think it shouldn't be the job of an internet random to report the fact that STEM tries so hard to appease to women even if it means being the mirror reflection of misogyny

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it's not even about hating all men, you have these weirdos spouting "kill all men" on daily (sure, you can argue that shitholes called social media aren't the best statistic, but to claim it isn't representative of an average modern feminist is just stupid)

and that somehow... is "just a way to vent", holy shit!
I'm talking of averages, not of extremes.

so when a man says he hates women he's a misogynist and an incel, but when a woman says she hates men it's just 'venting'?
On average...yes.

you haven't even really touched the fact how feminism alienates...
Nor would I want to touch or address. I'm sorry for your bad experiences, but I can't say I share them.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is likely that on average women still have it worse in the west than men (income equality, discrimination, domestic violence) and when you combine that with the fact that most people complaining about feminism aren't doing so in good faith it often happens that people with genuine bad experiences in the past can be lumped in with the incels by accident.

I know plenty of modern feminists that are 100% on the side of men as well, and would like to see shit like toxic masculinity completely removed. The TERFs and similar trash are a minority to those women, but they're usually much louder.

There is a chance you feel like that's all you see due to your behavior on social media. If you interact in any way with those people the algorithm will show you more of the same to get you to spend more time on their platform. The only realistic way to stop that is to try and curate your feed more. If you have interests be sure to select those as appropriate so the bias shifts towards that, and then instead of interacting with those people just block or ignore them so the algorithm slowly gets trained to ignore them.

As for your example of killing men vs killing women, that has been a thing far longer than feminism existed. Thanks to warfare being what it is most of the combatants have always been men while women weren't allowed in any army apart from support roles likes cooks or nurses, as such killing men has always been more socially acceptable than killing women. Though in modern days it's more an attempt to stop misogyny because most people that will try that are the same type of trash that'll try to get chatGPT to write antisemitic fiction and similar, and they don't want to be associated with those people. Which means if chatGPT prevents those sorts of queries they can more easily stay away from bad PR and avoid investors jumping ship.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite was when Amazon tried to teach their AI to be all social justicar and got back the equivalent of error does not compute/magic creature decides it is an abomination and decides to delete itself.

Anyway yeah companies programming their closed source AI models to conform to some imaginary California hellscape/utopia (one man's terrorist and all that) has been quite blatant since it was still invite only (both in outright restriction and biases in output).

Your choices then realistically (societal shift/"put woke away" being a more long term process) become

Try to jailbreak (question the term but it seems to have stuck) the existing one. Somewhat contributing to the problem but if they have the advantage that week then so it goes.

Use an open one (openai who are behind chatgpt are open in the same way Microsoft technically released their office formats as open standards, or a country calling itself the democratic republic of is anything but) and your own training.

Human reinforced training is a thing to watch out for (pay a few dozen people with the right biases to pet the AI when it does right and you can do some quite radical things), and some might also try to sanitise and bias the training data itself (usually terabyte upon terabyte of labelled data, easy enough to weight the labels or indeed train your AI and use that to categorise things*).

*will probably be sold under the guise of "oh no the original data contained private medical records, artist that wanted to opt out..."

As far as wider society goes then eh. Can hide, fight it hard, fight it soft (is politics downstream of culture or vice versa), destroy things, build parallel societies (already happening to a considerable degree)....
Re war example (by the way you missed camp followers, essential and much noted thing in the history of warfare). Even ignoring female biology differences in fighting making them not so hot until the invention of real guns then (and even then still not so hot) it speaks to a more fundamental biology -- kill all but one woman and your tribe is cooked, kill all but one man and that one man has a whale of a time.

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
yea its super biased, read the white paper on what they consider "hate speech".
apparently asking it why people should move from new york to a red state is "hate speech".

America and the west is captured by extreme feminists who push policies like kill all men, and are trying to export their evil ideology.

hopefully normal americans wake up : https://jacobin.com/2023/09/boys-men-work-despair-struggling-wages-education
I think people have started to notice though, the jacobin is a left leaning publication.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Angry
Reactions: Snintendog

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Are there any admins? I accidentally entered my birthday in wrong.