Charles Martinet awarded new Guinness World Record for number of voiceovers as Mario

efdaZqC.png

Most Nintendo fans will instantly be able to recognize the name Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario. Martinet has been the voice actor of Mario since 1995, debuting as the plumber in Mario's Game Gallery, going on to voice the character in the much more well known Super Mario 64. Throughout all those years since then, he's also voiced Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Toadsworth in various Nintendo games. With the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Martinet has reached the milestone of having played Mario in 100 different roles, from Mario Kart to Super Mario, to Mario Party and everything in between. To celebrate this achievement, the Guinness Book of World Records has created a brand new award to give to Charles Martinet, "The most video game voiceover performances as the same character", which was awarded on the day that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate released.

:arrow: Source

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assumedly, he'll be getting an update on this award every year. But I have a question, will the CGI movie count toward his overall number? If a video game character is now being voiced in a movie, is it fair to say that he's doing "video game voiceover performance as the same character," that title sounds like it might only count performances in video games, but it's kinda hard to tell. Stupid thing to really mull over I suppose, but it would lead me to questions about say Pikachu. How many times has that voice actress voice Pikachu both in video games, the anime, and movies? If other media counts, then surely the voice actress of Pikachu would actually take "The most video game voiceover performances as the same character" award.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work