Charles Martinet awarded new Guinness World Record for number of voiceovers as Mario

efdaZqC.png

Most Nintendo fans will instantly be able to recognize the name Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario. Martinet has been the voice actor of Mario since 1995, debuting as the plumber in Mario's Game Gallery, going on to voice the character in the much more well known Super Mario 64. Throughout all those years since then, he's also voiced Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Toadsworth in various Nintendo games. With the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Martinet has reached the milestone of having played Mario in 100 different roles, from Mario Kart to Super Mario, to Mario Party and everything in between. To celebrate this achievement, the Guinness Book of World Records has created a brand new award to give to Charles Martinet, "The most video game voiceover performances as the same character", which was awarded on the day that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate released.

:arrow: Source

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm... I don't really want to rain on the parade, but Mario isn't much of a talker. More so : I find it very hard to believe that he was summoned to a recording studio for each of those 100 games. I mean... Did they really have to re-record jumping grunts, a "here we go", a few surprises outbursts and a "aaaaw :sad:" for each and every game?

I'm not sure how other voice actors should feel about this either. Unless I'm missing a game where Martinet/Mario actually SPEAKS, I'm fairly sure most of his colleagues have more lines on their games Or even have more lines in a single game than Martinet in his entire Mario-part of his career.

Last edited by Taleweaver, , Reason: corrected stupid auto-correct mistake

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... I don't really want to rain on the parade, but Mario isn't much of a talker. More so : I find it very hard to believe that he was summoned to a recording studio for each of those 100 games. I seen... Did they really have to re-record jumping grunts, a "here we go", a few surprises outbursts and a "aaaaw :sad:" for each and every game?

I'm not sure how other voice actors should feel about this either. Unless I'm missing a game where Martinet/Mario actually SPEAKS, I'm fairly sure most of his colleagues have more lines on their games Or even have more lines in a single game than Martinet in his entire Mario-part of his career.
Good points, but I'm sure there are other Guinness records for those cases.

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if only konami didnt fuck over David hayter
The one Metal Gear with Snake being played by Keifer Sutherland (A good actor any other time) sucked. And personally, I think David Hayter would've at least upgraded it to Mediocre, with at least you hearing the real Big Boss... I still to this day, having beat it, and got the secrets, don't understand the point of MGSV...

But im off my tangent, Congrats Charles Martinet!

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... I don't really want to rain on the parade, but Mario isn't much of a talker. More so : I find it very hard to believe that he was summoned to a recording studio for each of those 100 games. I mean... Did they really have to re-record jumping grunts, a "here we go", a few surprises outbursts and a "aaaaw :sad:" for each and every game?

I wouldn't be surprised if they've let him record from home a few times. A couple grand can get you a really decent recording setup.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
GG, the guy deserves it. Mario wouldn't be the same without him.
"Get ready to move your fingers." - His most quotable line ever.
Fingors* :)

Yes. You'd be able to tell if they used the same exact voice clips for multiple games and it would just seem lazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over