Changing the Boot Process

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by timishu, Aug 10, 2010.

1. timishu
    OP

timishu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Scatland
    So I decided to update the HBC using HackMii installer, and only realized that after the install the title ID would be changed. [​IMG] Needless to say, I felt like an idiot. Anyway, what I'd like to is get both PreLoader and BootMii up to par with this new title ID. From what I understand, the HackMii installer will take care of BootMii just by uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but what I'm not sure of is PreLoader. Considering I have .30, and it's looking for HAXX rather than the new title ID, what's the best way to get PreLoader working with the HBC again?

2. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Upgrade from preloader to the latest priiloader beta. Preloader is outdated. Also update bootmii with the hackmii installer if you haven't done it now.

3. Richardarkless

Richardarkless GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2009
    Just install 0.4 beta whatever on the priiloader page then go into settings then check beta updates and then check for a later update of priiloader (beta 5) and install it, that should fix the problem

As for bootmii, you should have uninstalled your old version of it and installed the version in the hackmii installer, so just re-run the hackmii installer and reinstall bootmii

4. timishu
    OP

timishu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Scatland
    Thanks to both of you. Just one last question, will PreLoader .30 automatically be overwritten by Priiloader or will I have to remove it?

5. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    Overwritten.

6. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    cardinal rule of wii hacking, don't delete, overwrite. exception is only made for stubs.

7. timishu
    OP

timishu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Scatland
    Well spoken. Thanks.