Changing Faceplates & where to buy

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by wizra, Jul 1, 2019.

1. wizra
    OP

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    i bought a brand new GBA Micro for $500 from amazon, it was the famicom version

When I took it out of the box, it was like this:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/cZjNKFZ

Seller was kind enough to refund $300 of it, but I’m still annoyed by this as I wanted a perfect one.

Any idea how I can fix this? Or get a new good faceplate? Not sure if these are easy to find, but I figured users form this awesome forum will know.

Edit: sorry I realised I posted in Switch section, was meant to be in gba section... I have too many tabs open and fkd up lol

Last edited by wizra, Jul 1, 2019 - Reason: Pls 4giv
  2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    I know AliExpress sells them, but I don't think the quality is as good then the Ninty ones.

3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    You'll pretty much only find solid colored ones on aliexpress, though, I never saw a Famicom replacement one online,.

4. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Can't help you with your search man, but just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you.

Spent all that money to get a new one and then an out of the box defect... Oof... That would drive me crazy as well. So sorry, man - hope you can find a solution!

5. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
  6. steelseth

steelseth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Cyprus
  7. wizra
    OP

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

That looks very similar to my one. I think I will try that.

Yeh I was annoyed at first, but he gave more than 50% off as refund, so it's kind of okay. $200 AUD for a small scratch but otherwise brand new GBA Micro is a decent deal, since it's a rare type and hard to find. I saw some GBA Micros for 1,000 AUD lol!