Change memory card without losing henkaku?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Juano, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Juano
    OP

Juano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I am about to buy a new memory card, i already i've made a full backup with QCMA ... after i restore that backup on my new memory card everything will be like in my old memory card?, henkaku, homebrew, apps, etc?, or i have to install everything again?, thanks in advance for the help :D

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you going to need to power off the vita the change mem cards
    and then when you reboot rerun the installer
    see
    https://henkaku.xyz/usage/

Juano likes this.
  3. Juano
    OP

Juano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Do i have to install henkaku again after or before i restore my backup with qcma?

4. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Every time you power on the Vita (sleep mode keeps Henkaku), you will need to go the the website to run Henkaku.

Restoring a backup should not matter, at worst you install Henkaku again which is real easy.

Last edited by driverdis, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Juano
    OP

Juano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I´m about to buy an used 32gb memory card with firmware 3.61 to replace my 4gb one...what do i have to do to use it on my vita on 3.60 with henkaku?, any advice?, it will force me to update to 3.61?

6. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Memory cards don't have firmwares...

7. Juano
    OP

Juano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    The Vita in which the memory was being used had v3.61, thats what i mean...sorry for my bad english, what should i do to use that used memory on my vita?

8. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Uh I doubt anything should happen.

9. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    you just need to format the 32 card that you are purchasing.

1.) Power off vita
    2.) Insert newly bought memory card
    3.) Power on vita while holding R + PS buttons
    4.) Select format memory card
    5.) Let vita reboot, open web browser and go to https://henkaku.xyz and reinstall henkaku
    6.) connect Vita to PC and restore memory card backup
    7.) have fun

I don't think i missed anything :)

jesterscourt, MKKhanzo, Karze and 6 others like this.
  10. Juano
    OP

Juano Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Thaaaaaank you, this is what I needed to know <3

MKKhanzo and SonsofOcelot like this.
  11. Bloodlust

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the tip. So if I want to swap back again, I don't need to do anything right?

12. Kerbangman

Kerbangman GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2016
    Install the henkaku offline installer and you will not have to be online

13. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    Nope nothing extra. you should just power the Vita off and swap Memcards. You will need to redo HENkaku if you power off but otherwise nothing extra.

Also like kerbangman said it you install the offline HENkaku to both cards you don't need to go to the website to reactivate HENkaku when you power back on.

Bloodlust likes this.
  14. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    But after you format a memory card, you dont need to activate them by psn and so forced to update vita? Or i know wrong?

15. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    No, you activate the SYSTEM, not the Memory card.

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  16. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    Wait a second....... I already bough a Vita Slim (3.60 FW) I have already installed Henkaku and some hombrews BUT I have no memory cards, everything is installed on the internal Vita Slim memory (1GB). Does the Vita system see it as a regular memory cards or what? And would I be forced to update to a newer firmware if I insert a new memory card (to "replace" my internal memory card).? Can the Vita see/use both internal memory and memory cards at the same time? Last but not least important, is it possible to use multiple/different memory cards on just one Vita system (32GB, 64GB etc)?

Can someone explain it for me/us?

Last edited by deSSy2724, Oct 30, 2016
  17. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    @deSSy2724

Does the Vita system see it as a regular memory cards or what?
    Yes, the Vita sees the 1GB internal memory as a regular memory card.

And would I be forced to update to a newer firmware if I insert a new memory card (to "replace" my internal memory card).?
    No, the vita won't force any kind of updates if you get a new memory card, that only happens if the memory card itself was used im another system which has a higher firmware already installed (amd even then you can format the memory card instead of updating your system in order to use it).

Can the Vita see/use both internal memory and memory cards at the same time?
    No, once you insert a memory card the 1GB becomes unusable.

Last but not least important, is it possible to use multiple/different memory cards on just one Vita system (32GB, 64GB etc)?
    Yes, just pull the memory card out and insert another one in, just like the way you would switch different microSD cards on your phone... (Except that the system reboots every time you switch cards).

Karze and deSSy2724 like this.
  18. MataOcios

MataOcios Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    Ok here is the thing. QCMA installed. Got a PSvita fw3.60 with henkaku. i have installed VPKs, roms, no problem, however...
    The guy did not have a PSP or any legal game, i own a ps3 but when selecting transfer psp files, i get an error on the Vita and sends me to previous screen
    PS vita game list shows ok on the handheld, ready to copy but never psp list of demos available today on psn

On the other hand, I will receive soon by mail a 64gb memory. Hence...
    should i wait to make a backup on the mac and then cloen it to the 64gb?
    Cause i've spent hours and days trying to install VHBL to play psp roms on the vita -_-
    am I losing my time, or why cant i see those psp games from my ps3 on my vita? Anyone else that had the same issue?

Many thanks.

19. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    When you put your new memory card the system should ask you if you want to copy everything from your previous memorycard/storage space to the new memory card.......just choose YES (I did it myself on Vita Slim).

BTW I had the same problem......... I was able to transfer PSP games from PS3 to Vita but the bubble wont show up in Vita BUT QCMA can see the game normally

Last edited by deSSy2724, Dec 6, 2016
  20. MataOcios

MataOcios Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    thank, but no, my ps vita when i sekect transfer ps vita games i can ee the list of items on ps3, however when switching to see the ps3 list i get an error code sand ends me back to previous screen...