ramsaynieve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone

I have bought a Japanese Wii U (which arrived this week) and I am preparing to modify it and change the region in order to use it in my country (Europe).

thanks to the wonderful guide of Lazr

lazr1026.github.io/regionchange

but I have the problem with the gamepad, which will continue in japanese.

I have read about an application called system config tool

which can change the language of the gamepad.

I think it is illegal to share it because it is copyrighted by nintendo.

my question comes, if I have that application and want to use it, my console would be at risk, what steps should I follow and how should I prepare.

I'm very sorry for my questions, but it's been years since I modded a Wiiu console and I've seen that things have come a long way.

thanks all

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just use udpih to boot recovery menu and pair it there. Can be accessed with a cheap rp2040 or a hacked switch and since you need to access recovery menu to do the region change it would make sense, that you would already have one of them.

Reactions: ramsaynieve

pichuluv84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone

I have bought a Japanese Wii U (which arrived this week) and I am preparing to modify it and change the region in order to use it in my country (Europe).

thanks to the wonderful guide of Lazr

lazr1026.github.io/regionchange

but I have the problem with the gamepad, which will continue in japanese.

I have read about an application called system config tool

which can change the language of the gamepad.
Just go with UDPIH, a Raspberry Pi Pico will get the job done as long as you have a micro USB cable and an SD Card, I have heard that if you modify something in System Config Tool that shouldn't be modified at all or modified wrong, you could brick the system and need to flash your NAND again.

Reactions: ramsaynieve

ramsaynieve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, I have read the guide and I could synchronize the gamepad even if it is now from another region with UDPIH.

but the gamepad will continue to display in Japanese.

I have a modified switch to load the payload on the wii u, it shouldn't be a problem to enter UDPIH.

but in this case I'm asking about the gamepad, not about the console.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I have read the guide and I could synchronize the gamepad even if it is now from another region with UDPIH.

but the gamepad will continue to display in Japanese.

I have a modified switch to load the payload on the wii u, it shouldn't be a problem to enter UDPIH.

but in this case I'm asking about the gamepad, not about the console.
Once you pair the gamepad in recovery menu it will display in the language of the console.

So format console, reboot to recovery menu and do the region change and pair the gamepad. Once you're done the region change in recovery menu, your system menu will be english and so will your gamepad.

ramsaynieve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Once you pair the gamepad in recovery menu it will display in the language of the console.

So format console, reboot to recovery menu and do the region change and pair the gamepad. Once you're done the region change in recovery menu, your system menu will be english and so will your gamepad.

From what I read, the language of the gamepad is different from that of the console

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The things that will still be in japanese are just minor things like the console out of range message or the pairing screen itself. So things the gamepad shows while not beeing connected to the Wii U.
Just pair and see how it works, I'm sure you can live with these minor things. ;)

ramsaynieve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
THANKS FOR ALL HELP MAYBE LATER I WORK TO CHANGE REGION OF GAMEPAD.

Attachments

• sdsdsd.jpg
    sdsdsd.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 52

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch