Missing channels on Wii U home menu after region change

lufeig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After changing the region from my japanese Wii U to USA following this guide (https://lazr1026.github.io/regionchange/#/), it seems I messed up deleting the japanese duplicated titles and now I have only the following channels on my home menu:

WII U Chat
Daily Log
Mii Maker
Parental Control
Settings

It's missing disc channel, health and safety information, amiibo, vwii and others.

I have already downloaded the USA system update titles using JNUSTool and also MLCRestorerDownloader, installed one by one using UDPIH recovery menu option Install WUP, but no success. Health and Safety Information title ID 00050010-1004e100 installation fails showing the message "Failed to install: fffbffde"

Is there any other known way to reinstall firmware update 5.5.6U, restoring all stock channels?

the absence of health and safety information broke the autoboot tiramisu/aroma hack.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you able to trigger a manual system update through the system settings? This may restore the missing items if it works.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not. It says my system is already updated. :(
Do you have the payload setup or have it setup before you bricked? Try loading the payload installer through the browser exploit and remove it if it's there. I've read that it being there it will prevent the system from downloading an update. What happens if you attempt to reinstall the Japanese health and safety?

lufeig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
payloadloader was not installed, since health and safety was defective. so now I ran ftpiiu, deleted title 000500101004e10 (USA health and safety) and was able to install it successfully. the app was working and payload loader was not installed. anyway, I was not able to run a system update again, receiving the message that the console was already up to date.

then after some more studying, I realized that somehow not all system update titles were downloaded. I downloaded the remaining ones using MLCRestorerDownloader and installed them using UDPIH Install WUP option. formatted the console, and now the missing channels are again on the home menu.

euuaak

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
payloadloader was not installed, since health and safety was defective. so now I ran ftpiiu, deleted title 000500101004e10 (USA health and safety) and was able to install it successfully. the app was working and payload loader was not installed. anyway, I was not able to run a system update again, receiving the message that the console was already up to date.

then after some more studying, I realized that somehow not all system update titles were downloaded. I downloaded the remaining ones using MLCRestorerDownloader and installed them using UDPIH Install WUP option. formatted the console, and now the missing channels are again on the home menu.
Hey I have the same problem as you, I got the MLC and SLC via the MLCRestoreDownloader and put It together with the Wii U Menu I got from JNUSTool inside my sdcard install folder. After that I batch installed It using the Jan-Hofmeier recovery_menu, but nothing changed after formating the console.

I have the titles:
WII U Chat
Daily Log
Mii Maker
Parental Control
Settings

Could you help me? Also, If you could point me to the MLCRestoreDownloader, I kind of found It but I don't know If it's the right tool

Rafaellf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hey man, I'm in the same situation as you were, and im have a little problem with MLCRestorerDownloader, whenever I try to download MLC Titles, after I select the region it gives me the error:
"Common key not found. Enter it here"

Edit:
Nevermind, just solved it.

For anyone who gets the same error, just paste the keys for your nand backup into the same folder as the MLCRestorerDownloader.
It's one of these two: "otp.bin" or "seeprom.bin". As I didn't want to find out which was the correct, I just pasted both.

Last edited by Rafaellf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1