Misc Changing the Wii U Region (not just changing the language!)

• Thread starter 1vb
  • Start date
  • Views 11,102
  • Replies 24
  • Likes 4

Rafaellf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I need some help to fix my mess.
I’ve followed the guide up to the item 16. But when I rebooted my console it’s stuck in the Wii U logo screen. I might have screwed by not following correctly the advice to format it. I indeed formatted it, but didn’t shut down right after the gamepad pair, I completed the inicial setup, created mii and etc.
what would I do to fix? I do have a full nand backup.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I need some help to fix my mess.
I’ve followed the guide up to the item 16. But when I rebooted my console it’s stuck in the Wii U logo screen. I might have screwed by not following correctly the advice to format it. I indeed formatted it, but didn’t shut down right after the gamepad pair, I completed the inicial setup, created mii and etc.
what would I do to fix? I do have a full nand backup.
When following a guide you should stick to the outlined steps unless you're prepared to end up in a place where you typically don't want to be. They even explain later in the guide why you need to format. When you completed the initial setup and set up a mii, you no longer have a clean formatted system.

You can attempt to load recovery menu to reverse the changes you made to sys_prod.xml also reverse the change to the cold boot title and reboot. If it boots attempt to start over and follow the guide properly this time.

You can also attempt the options in this post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hanging-on-the-logo.642685/post-10287448

Rafaellf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When following a guide you should stick to the outlined steps unless you're prepared to end up in a place where you typically don't want to be. They even explain later in the guide why you need to format. When you completed the initial setup and set up a mii, you no longer have a clean formatted system.

You can attempt to load recovery menu to reverse the changes you made to sys_prod.xml also reverse the change to the cold boot title and reboot. If it boots attempt to start over and follow the guide properly this time.
Thank's man. My problem was misunderstanding the format part. I didn't get that I couldnt do the initial setup.
Anyway, my first attempt before the post was to change the game region and product area back to stock, but somehow I couldnt send the file to the Wii U, the connection would always crash.
I turned off the console, made this post and went to work.
I'm back home now and first thing I did was trying the same thing again and this time it worked. Changed product area and game region and this time I could send the sys_prod file to the console. Also used the option on recovery menu to diagnosis the system area and fix that.
The console booted up and its working fine.

Edit:
Update! Region successfully changed, Thanks!

Last edited by Rafaellf,

Mewtwodestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Do NNID and online services work after the region change (ex: can I play splatoon?)
2.Can I restore all the data on my system after formatting it?

Xytrophico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you install Aroma CFW it should be able to play games from any region, so it basically just removes regional restrictions.
If you're looking to change the region of your console to another, I can't really help you there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol