Hacking Hardware Celeste 3ds Feasibility

WiiDSXLandKnuckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question time. Is it remotely possible to port a version of Celeste to the 3ds, if only the *new* models? I am aware of the immense effort and time it would take, optimizing a game engine and maybe even decompiling the game, but would something like this be anywhere near within the system specs? Been wondering about this after seeing it run on a few "retro gaming handhelds" and looking into the Sonic Mania decompilation.

Reactions: CooingMaxito

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Noob question time. Is it remotely possible to port a version of Celeste to the 3ds, if only the *new* models? I am aware of the immense effort and time it would take, optimizing a game engine and maybe even decompiling the game, but would something like this be anywhere near within the system specs? Been wondering about this after seeing it run on a few "retro gaming handhelds" and looking into the Sonic Mania decompilation.
Take your pick
https://github.com/lemon32767/ccleste/releases/tag/v1.4.0
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-celeste-classic-gba-port.544992/

• Love
Reactions: CoolMe and peteruk

WiiDSXLandKnuckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walked right into that one. By "a version" I'm talking about the full game(not to be distributed as such ofc,) possibly with some aspects dumbed down a bit to meet specifications of the system. I have zero idea as to how the technical stuff works but would it be reasonable to say it could hypothetically run on the 3DS?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Walked right into that one. By "a version" I'm talking about the full game(not to be distributed as such ofc,) possibly with some aspects dumbed down a bit to meet specifications of the system. I have zero idea as to how the technical stuff works but would it be reasonable to say it could hypothetically run on the 3DS?
I've seen much more impressive 2d games on 3ds, so it would be technically possible to port the full game to 3ds. But I'm afraid it probably won't happen given the scope of the project and lack of interest.

Who knows, though, if the devs ever release all of their source or the game is decompiled.

Reactions: peteruk

WiiDSXLandKnuckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen much more impressive 2d games on 3ds, so it would be technically possible to port the full game to 3ds. But I'm afraid it probably won't happen given the scope of the project and lack of interest.

Who knows, though, if the devs ever release all of their source or the game is decompiled.
Ehh, figured as much gonna probably be quite a bit longer.

Speaking of lack of interest, I'm honestly surprised that the almalgomey that is the Undertale/Deltarune fandom has not produced full ports of Deltarune / Undertale games yet. I've looked into it purely for the novelty, and all i've found are dead ends. All that time making questionable fan games and such, you'd think the originals would be on just about every system by now.

Reactions: CooingMaxito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la