Sonic-Nexus-Decompilation Vita help testing

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I found this decompilation of Sonic Nexus for the PS Vita by SnesFX. I've tried to follow the instructions from their github page https://github.com/SnesFX/Sonic-Nexus-Decompilation/releases, and SnesFX tried to help me on Discord to install the game onto my Vita. But I couldn't get it to work. The game would load pass the Retro Sonic Engine splash screen and than it just crashes every time. Here's my crash log if anyone needs to look at it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't work on real hardware yet. Maybe someone on here would get this to work on their Vita, and can point me in the right direction on how to install it.

Reactions: SuperDan

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SnesFX V1 info
didn' t get it to work on my PsVita but it does work on Vita3k so that's something

SnesFX V2 info
was not test on vita

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The long awaited v2 of the port. After some trial and error I finally got the game to work normally. I sadly couldn't test this on my vita since I don't have it on me as of right now but it should work."
The sentence "it should work" just throw me off. I thought maybe I was setting it up wrong. Thanks for the reply.

Fryee_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got data folder mode to work on the public release build. Still working on the fix tho. But here's how to get Data Folder Mode working:

Copy the "Data" folder from ux0:data\Nexus to ux0:app\RSDK00000

If you need to get the data folder just download RetroED, Open it, Press CTRL + Shift + U, Press Select Data file, When the file manager window shows to open the file, switch to RSDKv1 and open the Data.bin from Sonic Nexus. Then Extract the Data folder somewhere, and then copy the Data folder to ux0:app\RSDK00000

Then open your settings.ini that should be in "ux0:data\Nexus" change "DevMenu=false" to true

and boom it should work just don't load the intro screen when you get to the Retro Sonic Default Menu.

Reactions: Starry_Night

Starry_Night

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the game to work from following your above instructions. The sound and controls work.
20230225_153327.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 224 and home lol