Would a version(or fork) of GePatch be possible for the 3ds?

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or something like GePatch. For those of you who don't know, GePatch is a ps vita plugin for adrenaline that allows PSP games to run at the vita's native resolution.

Just from what I've looked up, GePatch is able to achieve 4x resolution upscaling by patching display lists and vertices within the PSP’s graphics engine(copy and pasted from here) and while I understand the psp's hardware and ds's hardware(for example, mips cpu for psp and arm for ds) and graphics engines are pretty different, shouldn't it at least be try-able for DS games?

Or why not try to port a ds emulator to the 3ds to upscale through there? I'm not a coding expert but from what I've heard running arm code on a better arm machine usually works ok as arm as pretty good backwards compatibility, and it mainly comes down to getting code made for one gpu to work on another through optimization and not brute force. (And I don't mean to open another can of worms, but I literally cannot find any specific model of what the ds gpu is. From what I've looked up it's related to the gba's 2d rasterizer.. So would it be basically gba > pica200?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?