Carts can't be played in emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 3DSXLGamer, Aug 21, 2015.

1. 3DSXLGamer
    OP

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    Haven't updated the emunand in a long time, just did it and now I'm on 9.9.0-26U. I want to update my smash cart but it doesn't show up in emunand? Pressing select on them gives me "gateway card not found". I got the 3.4 launcher.dat, not sure what else to do.

also want to downgrade to 4.6 because having to do this internet thing everytime I want to play ends up in me never playing. :/ Is this the most current tutorial?
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/downgrading-3ds-using-gateway-3-0-1.378223/

2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Use MultiPatcher to download the update from eShop. Launch GW Classic Mode and your cart will be on the update.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. 3DSXLGamer
    OP

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    Haven't learned to use .cia's, do I just use FBI or do I need something like ninjahax? still doesn't solve problem for when I want to play online with cart.

4. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Use BigBlueMenu, there's a .3DS you launch from GW menu, then put the CIA on your SD card and install it while in emuNAND. Same with multipatcher. And online will work in Classic Mode.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Pro tip: reading guides helps ;)

tony_2018 and Margen67 like this.
  6. 3DSXLGamer
    OP

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    Alright, got them both installed. How do I use multipatcher? Do I just need to be in classic mode with the game inserted and open multipatcher?

7. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    On Gateway Mode, run the multipatcher and press START button that will apply patches and take back to menu, run eShop and download the update. It should not ask to update firmware if you run multipatcher once before entering eShop (but you have to do it everytime when relaunching Gateway Mode).
    Once you got all the updates, this time run in Classic Mode and use your game cart, it will detect all installed updates automatically when playing game.

8. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Edit: fucking ninjas! :ph34r:
    No, you can't run it in Classic do it in Gateway Mode.

Run multipatcher, launch the eShop, download the update, then shut down your 3DS, and then boot into Classic Mode.

9. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    What does he need freemultipatcher if he obviously have an O3DS with an updated emunand ?

Maximilious likes this.
  10. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Good point. I can't believe we all missed that bit. Face, meet Palm.

Maximilious likes this.
  11. 3DSXLGamer
    OP

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    I thought the point was because my carts don't show up in emunand? :wink:

12. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Well, I'm used to N3DS methods since that's what I use mostly now... but on O3DS, your emunand can be on 9.9 without issue and get to eShop without multipatcher. It's still nice to have for the downtime when GW doesn't release an update for emuNAND support on latest Ninty updates.

Either way, the real answer is for you to download the update from eShop in emuNAND, then relaunch GW classic mode, that's how you play your legit carts. GW mode is to use the GW red card and any .3ds/.3dz files you may have on it.

13. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    There shouldn't be any need to boot into Gateway Mode. Simply boot into Classic Mode, download your DLC/update, exit eShop, play your updated game.
    Your carts won't show up in Gateway Mode obviously, but they will show up in Classic Mode.

After running your preferred exploit to boot Gateway, hold the L button until the Gateway menu appears, then select Classic Mode.