Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
We really have no idea what games will be launching with the 3DS. But we do have an idea of what won't be available on day one.

Capcom has two announced games in the works for the 3D portable: Resident Evil Revelations and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. During an investors Q&A in Japan today, company representatives said that these two games are not included in its sales targets for the current fiscal year.

3DS is scheduled to come out before the end of the fiscal year, so one could take this to mean that Capcom won't have any games ready for launch.

It should be noted that during the Q&A session Capcom reps never specifically said that they won't have launch titles. In fact, investors were told that release time frames for the company's 3DS lineup are TBA at present.

Regardless of what was said to investors, Capcom does seem to be in an advanced state with at least one of its 3DS offerings. Yesterday, we shared a huge batch of Super SFIV 3D Edition screenshots. Capcom released these to coincide with the opening of an official Japanese website for the game. The website's opening coinciding with a large blowout in this week's Famitsu. It looks like Capcom is getting into promotional mode for this particular title.

Attendees of the investors briefing also asked about some of the finer points of 3DS development. Of particular concern was development cost. Do 3DS games necessarily cost more to develop than other titles? Capcom's response was that because of its internally developed MT Framework game engine, games can share the basic development process with other platforms. Because of this, they don't feel that budgets will get much higher.

Resident Evil Revelations is one example of a 3DS game that uses the MT Framework, the same engine that powers games like Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

Source

I'd rather them be made well than rushed to meet launch date though.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Provided they're worth the wait I don't mind, I doubt I'll be able to afford the system on launch day anyway so it's no skin off my rosy nose.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait until it comes out. I just hope the online feature is hosted by Capcom and not Nintendo.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was Miyamoto himself who said: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

As long as the effort is put in the wait is made all the more bearable.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Cant wait for the new RE game!
biggrin.gif

To bad they probably wont make the launch though.
sad.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Definitely all for this. Remember how half of the DS launch titles were just extended touch screen tech demos? Well, let's not let that happen again with the 3D effect.
tongue.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
they dont wanna rush titles on a console for which they do not have much knowledge... true debugging helps but never can u ever get all the bugs
just as blizzard said about starcraft that there must be a patch after release (just after release)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT