gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CapEuroTweet1FanHate.jpg
Hoo-boy. This is just going to be one of those days.

Checking out the blog post of GeekSpeak Radio host and MMN alumni Bryan “DarkMoogle” Carr, who has been following this whole turn of events, I saw that Capcom Europe had been responding to some fans about the Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation on their Twitter. And since people were already beginning to talk about it in comments here, I figured we might as well post it.

After all, people said they wanted more than just apologetic notes, to see actual reasons, right? Well, hold on to your blue helmets, because as Carr puts it, “now the blame is shifted to the fans, huh?”

Things began (more or less) with a tweet from @dk_lance, who echoed a not-uncommon sentiment:

"@CapcomEuro I’m sad to know Legends 3 was cancelled for 3DS. Someone making decisions at Capcom’s R&D HQ should get fired…"[/p]
icon11.gif
Source
dry.gif
Check the source for more tweets.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Was there really more the fans could have done? The Prototype Version was highly anticipated and we never got a chance to even buy those hot cakes.... What more was there for us to do?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I knew it.
everything is my fault.
maybe I should just kill myself.

is that what you wanna hear from me capcom!?!?
Well then F*CK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!
hateps3.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nebz said:
Was there really more the fans could have done? The Prototype Version was highly anticipated and we never got a chance to even buy those hot cakes.... What more was there for us to do?
There was something like 15,000 members in the devroom.
Of those 15,000 only a fraction actively participated.

Translated into sales, even with all 15,000 members those are horrible numbers.

It's not like everyone who was interested registered and then did nothing.
Unless those 15,000 was everyone which is sad.

I'm sure if everyone at least registered and made just one post it would've made a difference.

So in a way, yes, blame the fans for not taking a bigger interest.
If you couldn't be bothered to even register you have no right to complain now.

Besides, Inafune was the only one at Capcom who really loved the Legends series.
Game probably would've been a disappointment without him around anyway.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Nebz said:
-Snip-
That just blows. Could anyone have signed up or responded in this Dev Room? If so, I feel really bad... I personally would've been more involved if I knew it would help.
frown.gif

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nebz said:
Zarcon said:
Nebz said:
-Snip-
That just blows. Could anyone have signed up or responded in this Dev Room? If so, I feel really bad... I personally would've been more involved if I knew it would help.
frown.gif
They made a really big deal out of the whole community contribution thing when they announced the project.
And yes, anyone could have joined.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Nebz said:
Zarcon said:
Nebz said:
-Snip-
frown.gif
They made a really big deal out of the whole community contribution thing when they announced the project.
And yes, anyone could have joined.
Grahhhh! I feel like a douche.
closedeyes.gif

I should have payed a bit more attention than usual but I guess what's done is done. I hope everyone has learned from this if they're looking forward to any other possible Mega Man titles.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hey just found this, maybe some tweets are new here, not sure

Now the company is responding to the resulting bombardment of angry tweets by reassuring fans that this was not meant to implicate them, but instead to make a simple statement about the interaction within the devroom, and to show that Capcom was at fault for using a poorly planned marketing strategy.

yes that was a flippant answer, it was a shame lots of people didn't get involved in Dev room to devleop the game was my point

I said it was "a shame more fans didn't want to get more involved" when discussing our Dev rooms = Blaming Capcom

Thats not blaming the fans thats expressing dissapointment in something we did

140 characters is not easy to explain all the detail people want

Finally, there's a note that the voices of angry fans are not going unheard:

This incident has shown there is very passionate group Mega man fans. It will be passed on.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

Last sentence is giving hope!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^For some reason I doubt it.

For one we shouldn't have fight that hard for the devs to make the game.

What all devs start thinking that way? "Not enough direct support for Mario let's cancel."

We aren't trying that hard for those street fighter games, they should cancel those too.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
REALLY NOW CR...CR..CRAPCOM!?

Thats the best excuse you could come up with!? How utterly pathetic!

By insulting any fans, and making it seem like they were the reason for canceling it, you effectively hurt all members of the Megaman Fanbase. Feels real good man... *Sarcasm*

Of course, you'd blame it on the fans either way. You don't want to...oh shocker...an actual good job at developing a game that may take you several years, but would be worth it in the long run. Naw lets let the creator of a series go, and lets make crap games and rehashes, and blame bad sales on the fans for not wanting to buy more unoriginal crap.

God I am so angry at that accusation of it being the fans fault....so effing angry, so sick with anger....I'm shaking...I'm gonna blow....big time...really big time.

NEVER! EVER! EVER! EVER! EVER! EVER!! BLAME THE FANS FOR BAD SALES, OR LACK OF A DEMAND FOR A RELEASE! EVER!

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
For one we shouldn't have fight that hard for the devs to make the game.

What all devs start thinking that way? "Not enough direct support for Mario let's cancel."

We aren't trying that hard for those street fighter games, they should cancel those too.
I don't think Legends ever sold that well (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and Capcom had no interest in ever making another Legends game.
Inafune had to fight tooth and nail to get Capcom to even consider it.

Games like Mario and Street Fighter have extremely healthy sales figures, making another sequel is basically risk free in terms of sales.

[EDIT]

Nimbus: Please...please read the thread before replying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol