Hacking Can’t use GC controller in wii games on usb loader gx

Normal_Guy0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can’t play wii games with my gamecube controller, whenever i open a wii game that can be played with a gamecube controller It just doesn’t detect it, i tried playing ssbb and dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3, but they don’t detect the controller.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's unfortunately, normal. There is still no way to use GameCube Controllers with any USB Loader. The reason for that is due to the fact that the GameCube Controller adapter is considered to be a USB controller, which means that the Homebrew app in question (USB Loader GX in this case) would require to add support for those kinds of controllers to work (which is the case for Nintendont)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
That's unfortunately, normal. There is still no way to use GameCube Controllers with any USB Loader. The reason for that is due to the fact that the GameCube Controller adapter is considered to be a USB controller, which means that the Homebrew app in question (USB Loader GX in this case) would require to add support for those kinds of controllers to work (which is the case for Nintendont)
Is it even possible on loader level? I don't know the inner workings but I just feel like if it's actually feasible, someone would have done it by now.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is it even possible on loader level? I don't know the inner workings but I just feel like if it's actually feasible, someone would have done it by now.
Well, there are ways to use GameCube Controllers with Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl. But both methods are incompatible with USB Loaders and have been inactive for quite a while. I think it might be feasible, but there's just not enough interest in accomplishing that. Same reason why there hasn't been any recent developments regarding both the PS1 emulation core in RetroArch as well as the PSP emulator PPSSPP. And its a damn shame.

Normal_Guy0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats a shame but im relieved that i didn’t do anything wrong, thanks

wiiuser02

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I think is a problem with the iOS your using to load the game, Mario Kart Wii and SSBB if loaded on iOS250 (which if i remember correctly is kind of a mirror to waninkoko ios 249) loads perfectly and supports GC Controllers.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think is a problem with the iOS your using to load the game, Mario Kart Wii and SSBB if loaded on iOS250 (which if i remember correctly is kind of a mirror to waninkoko ios 249) loads perfectly and supports GC Controllers.
Hi noob, It's not polite to necrobump a post unless you have a good reason. You just replied to a topic from 2020, it is 2023, and your post here contains blatently wrong information.

GameCube controllers on Wii U via the USB Adapter do NOT work on Wii games, period.

To elaborate, it's actually not the fault of the USB Loader either- this kind of thing needs a significant amount of hacking to games on an individual level to support the GameCube Adapter.

There's been some work done on making patches for at least Super Smash Bros Brawl to support the GCA, but there's been very little known public development on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice