Hacking Can't Update to 4.3U DOT-BOOTMII

Altiris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following a thread on this site here http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?22,68400,72486 and someone told another user that they could use DOT-BOOTMII to upgrade their Wii 4.2 version to 4.3. My Wii on DOT-BOOTMII said it was Version 4.1 (On Wii it says 4.2), so anyways I updated it to 4.2 and now when I want to go and update it to 4.3 there isnt an option, the highest is 4.2 and then it goes back to the lowest version. I have tried installing IOS80 and v6944. Whats wrong with my wii/dot boot mii?

Altiris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa nevermind guys. Somehow when I updated it to 4.2U on BootMii its now updating to 4.3 on the Wii. Will this brick it?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people say don't update to 4.3 on the Wii because all it did was attempt to block homebrew in some shape or form, didn't add any new features, and broke some Wii's.

I updated my hacked Wii to 4.3U through the system menu, though, because 4.3U was the last update ever basically and I just didn't want to worry about hiding from updates forever after. My system was not bricked or damaged in any way.

It did, however, remove most of the "hacks" from my system, as well as my CIOS's, so be prepared to reinstall all of those via bannerbomb if you update. Worth it, in my opinion.

Altiris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats okay, and I wanted to update pretty much for the same reason as you. Since this will probably be the final update might as well just spend some time now to have it on the latest version and then put the hacks on that. IDK I just like being on the latest version. I will look up some guides on how to reinstall everything, I also formatted the Wii before I did an update though. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?