Hacking Can't seem to copy Mario Kart Wii save file to Wii U

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a save file on Mario Kart Wii thats further along than the one on my Wii U and I want to copy it over. I tried using SaveGame ManagerGX from the homebrew browser but all I've managed to do is extract (i think that means copy) my save game from my Wii system onto an SD card. When I start up SaveGame Manager GX on my Wii U it says Mii Channel Installed but datas are missing. I hit cancel because I've no idea if thats safe to hit the "install" button they've provided me or not. Once i get past that, I can locate my Mario Kart Wii Save file on my sd card (once i switch the SD cards out from the one i have my homebrew stuff on, to my Wii file/saves dedicated SD card.... the one i copied the save to from the wii) but I don't see any way to move it over to my Wii U's vWii system memory so that i can play it from there... what am I doing wrong?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a patched IOS36, you could try using the Rebooter function of GeckoOS. That should allow you to copy the save to an SD card, and then move it to the Wii U.

If you don't have a patched IOS36, you could try using this program, which uses HW_AHBPROT to load the Rebooter feature. I have never used this program before though, so I can't say how it works.

I'm not too up-to-date on what program(s) to use to patch IOS files, so I won't be of much help there.

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i know if my ios36 is patched or not... i honestly havent a clue. I'm pretty sure i got the save file already copied so copying it isn't really the problem, its getting the file onto the wii u thats the issue... hell i cant even do it with my wii... how would i normally get a game like mario kart wii onto my wii from another console?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how do i know if my ios36 is patched or not... i honestly havent a clue. I'm pretty sure i got the save file already copied so copying it isn't really the problem, its getting the file onto the wii u thats the issue... hell i cant even do it with my wii... how would i normally get a game like mario kart wii onto my wii from another console?

How many other homebrew programs have you ran in the past? If you haven't run any other ones, then your IOS36 is probably unpatched. If so, try to run this program on the Wii, and under "Rebooter Options," make sure you have "Remove Copy Flags" set to yes. After this, select "Launch Rebooter," and it should reload your Wii System Menu. At this point, try copying the save file to your SD card. Now, place that SD card into your Wii U, and try to copy that save file over as you normally would. I don't know if this would work or not, but it shouldn't hurt to try, since the Rebooter doesn't install or modify anything.

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run many. I have Priiloader, I've used modmii to update all my IOS's i've installed ios236 and so forth... I've used bootmii to backup my wii... lots of stuff.

I tried that wiilauncher and when i hit reboot (after setting the option) then go back to the save file menu, the copy and move buttons are still greyed out...

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know which one is the app here...

boot(r52).dol is
rename it to boot.dol and put it at:
X:\apps\savegame-manager-gx\boot.dol

Where X is your SD card or USB drive that you launch homebrew from. You could also put it at X:\apps\{whatever you want}\boot.dol That's the folder pattern for the homebrew channel. As long as it's named boot.dol or boot.elf and inside a folder that's inside the apps folder then the homebrew channel will find it.

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I still seem to be having issues. The app works now but I still can't seem to get the file to copy over. I find the mario kart file on the sd card (I think) and no matter what option I choose I can't find the save file directory on the vwii and when I simply try to use any default options it says the an error. Could anyone kindly walk me through what I'm doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: