Hacking can't get Pokemon Y (and others) to work online on Sky3ds+

josvanmeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK so a few days ago I got the sky3ds+ in the mail, and installed a few roms, about 8 or so, all major titles.
They all work perfectly fine, no problems during gameplay.
I also have my own private header from Bravely Second, which I put in all the .cfg files.

The only game that works online is Super Smash Bros 3DS, the rest of the games, most importantly Pokemon Y (for trading) doesn't work and I have no idea why.

I have tried looking into the sky3ds templates editing, but that doesn't apply to the Sky3ds+ anymore, it uses .cfg files and a gamelist.bin

I have tried several guides now and my brain is starting to hurt so bad.

Can anyone explain to me quite simply what I am doing wrong, does the sky3ds+ need a different approach to make going online work?

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having that problem too. My personal dumps of Alpha Sapphire, Smash3DS, and Triforce Heroes refuse to go online (even after changing their headers to my private "Paper Mario Sticker Star" header). Would be awesome if I could get a solution too. I have tested MarioKart 7 and some other games and they work fine online on my sky3ds+. I wonder if I should find confirmed working dumps online?

Last edited by Psi-hate,

josvanmeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was thinking it might be the rom itself yeah, it would make sense. Mario Kart 7 indeed works for me too, Super Mario Melee 3DS as well.

If anyone has a fix, let us know. (I tried Gateway Rom patching for my private header, but it doesn't do anything for the error code for online play)

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have u ever patched the roms? it not nescessary cause .cfg is suppoused to do that but it might help. If u already did it try to patch again changing manufactures. I had games working even if I used a different manufactors from my header. In fact, one of the ORAS game would only works when i changed it.

Last edited by gkoelho,

josvanmeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As mentioned above your comment, I did. Whats the manufacturer for Pokemon Y again? I'll check if I actually patched the right one in there.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As mentioned above your comment, I did. Whats the manufacturer for Pokemon Y again? I'll check if I actually patched the right one in there.

i Belive is AE or C2. but u gotta try the one that is not from your header as you already know its not working.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My header is AE, does it matter if I patch an AE header into a C2 ID Game?

It didnt nothing bad for me. In fact it worked. But it was back on sky3ds blue button. I patched both rom and template with different manufacture from my header and it turned out to solve it.

josvanmeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried that with the Gateway Rom patcher, I import my header but the manufacturer I change to Macronix, but it doesnt work. Tried Sandisk too but doesnt do anything either. (I know its manufactured by Macronix so it has to be the right one, yet doesnt work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated