Hacking Can't get any loader to recognize HDD on Homebrew

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I just got a 38 GB HDD that refuses to be recognized on my WiiMode. Prior to using this I had used an 8 GB flash drive (was broken by accident) so now i'm trying to use this HDD with no luck. It is formatted properly to FAT32 but none of the loaders I have will recognize it. Everything is done as it was on my old USB (FAT32 Format, same usb ports I used previously as well) Doing some research I discovered I should try to download cIOS 222, 223 or 224 to use on USB Loader. I've been using this tut:http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 and tried multiple methods other than this (I've tried his offline method as well as trying to get it with cIOS 249 but I receive an Installation Failure as soon as I press 1) If anyone could help me with this it's appreciated. Although WiiFlow seems to acknowledge theres a HDD plugged in but says theres no games (yes theres a wbfs partition on the HDD) I've tried these loaders:

USB Loader GX
Configurable USB Loader
Wiiflow

I can give a syscheck if needed as well

EDIT: I don't think I posted that when I try the tut method I receive "bad hash" on both the offline and online method.

EDIT 2: Also my HDD is wall powered so I don't think I need a Y Cable

EDIT 3: I've tried the v10 beta on all three usb loaders (assigned it to slot 248) and still nothing.

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you be more specific, the problem i'm having is with my Wii U not picking up my HDD not my cIOS

EDIT: Unless the cIOS is problem. I can't get the v10 alt to showup on the Installer for whatever reason so that could possibly be why (Not having v10 alt installed) but the v10 alt files are already in the d10 installer app folder so i'm not sure why it won't show up. Nevermind, I read the folder wrong, i'm going to get the alt cIOS now.

EDIT 2: I also found this tut: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=49000

but it looks extremely straining

EDIT 3: I downloaded the d2x-v10-beta53-alt but I keep getting that it's not a valid archive file, 7zip won't open it either. Jesus christ. I've been trying to figure this out for 4 hours.

EDIT 4: Opened with WinRAR, it was the archiver, now trying to use this cIOS

EDIT 5: Alright, assigned the v10 alt cIOS to 249, tried USB Loader and WiiFlow and nothing, i'm not even going to try configurable usbloader. I'm starting to think it's the HDD possibly. It's a Maxtor if that helps but i'm literally losing my sanity trying to figure this out....

LAST EDIT: Finally got it to work in my literal final effort. Tried it in Configurable USB Loader and IT WORKED. The only loader that works is this one though oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: