Hacking can't boot in sysmenu, it automatically boots in homebrew launcher (haxchi and CBHC)

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok so, I had a perfectly working haxchi + CBHC. Then I discovered about padcon, which is actually great and lets you turn off the gamepad screen by pressing R3. I wanted to have that by keeping pressed one button at boot, so here's what I did:

I retrieved the haxchi's config.txt and changed a=fw.img to a=wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf
I ran haxchi installer again and reinstalled haxchi.

That's it, now my wii U only boots in homebrew launcher. I already tried restoring the original config.txt and reinstalling haxchi again. Didn't work.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, I had a perfectly working haxchi + CBHC. Then I discovered about padcon, which is actually great and lets you turn off the gamepad screen by pressing R3. I wanted to have that by keeping pressed one button at boot, so here's what I did:

I retrieved the haxchi's config.txt and changed a=fw.img to a=wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf
I ran haxchi installer again and reinstalled haxchi.

That's it, now my wii U only boots in homebrew launcher. I already tried restoring the original config.txt and reinstalling haxchi again. Didn't work.
Hold home button when booting. What do you have your CBHC set up to autoboot to?

Also, there is a reason why HaxChi says "don't touch me". Don't mess with HaxChi when you have CBHC Installed. You're asking for a brick.

Once you have CBHC installed you're not SUPPOSE TO TOUCH HAXCHI!!! You can configure autoboot to work the way you want it by altering CBHC. NOT HAXCHI!

Last edited by Kafluke,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I hold home it still boots in HBL.

It's set up to boot to system menu.
I think you jacked CBHC by messing with HaxChi. Why would you even touch HaxChi with all the warnings with CBHC? You should very carefully uninstall CBHC then HaxChi and reinstall everything from scratch.

Blows my mind why people mess with HaxChi when even Fix94 changed the icon to say "Don't touch me"

Last edited by Kafluke,

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok well... it worked. Now it boots to system menu. Gonna reinstall everything from scratch now.

Thank you and sorry for being a noob. On a side note, how can I configure CBHC to boot an .elf by holding a button at boot?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well... it worked. Now it boots to system menu. Gonna reinstall everything from scratch now.

Thank you and sorry for being a noob. On a side note, how can I configure CBHC to boot an .elf by holding a button at boot?
I'm sorry I'm so salty. I'm very sick. Please read through my noob guide so I dont have to retype everything again. Let me know if you have questions.

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yea well, it's a very good guide. It's not what I am looking for though, but I will just give up on that for now. Don't wanna risk another brick. Thank you for your help.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea well, it's a very good guide. It's not what I am looking for though, but I will just give up on that for now. Don't wanna risk another brick. Thank you for your help.
It explains every current hack method for wii u. How is it not what you're looking for? Just looking for ways to improve it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill