can't boot in sysmenu, it automatically boots in homebrew launcher (haxchi and CBHC)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by marchrius, Mar 16, 2017.

1. marchrius
    OP

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Ok so, I had a perfectly working haxchi + CBHC. Then I discovered about padcon, which is actually great and lets you turn off the gamepad screen by pressing R3. I wanted to have that by keeping pressed one button at boot, so here's what I did:

I retrieved the haxchi's config.txt and changed a=fw.img to a=wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf
    I ran haxchi installer again and reinstalled haxchi.

That's it, now my wii U only boots in homebrew launcher. I already tried restoring the original config.txt and reinstalling haxchi again. Didn't work.

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Hold home button when booting. What do you have your CBHC set up to autoboot to?

Also, there is a reason why HaxChi says "don't touch me". Don't mess with HaxChi when you have CBHC Installed. You're asking for a brick.

Once you have CBHC installed you're not SUPPOSE TO TOUCH HAXCHI!!! You can configure autoboot to work the way you want it by altering CBHC. NOT HAXCHI!

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 16, 2017
  3. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    If I hold home it still boots in HBL.

It's set up to boot to system menu.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I think you jacked CBHC by messing with HaxChi. Why would you even touch HaxChi with all the warnings with CBHC? You should very carefully uninstall CBHC then HaxChi and reinstall everything from scratch.

Blows my mind why people mess with HaxChi when even Fix94 changed the icon to say "Don't touch me"

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 17, 2017
  5. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Uhm, how do I safely uninstall CBHC from such a situation?

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Run the CBHC installer from HBL. Choose uninstall.

7. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Ok well... it worked. Now it boots to system menu. Gonna reinstall everything from scratch now.

Thank you and sorry for being a noob. On a side note, how can I configure CBHC to boot an .elf by holding a button at boot?

8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I'm sorry I'm so salty. I'm very sick. Please read through my noob guide so I dont have to retype everything again. Let me know if you have questions.

9. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Yea well, it's a very good guide. It's not what I am looking for though, but I will just give up on that for now. Don't wanna risk another brick. Thank you for your help.

10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It explains every current hack method for wii u. How is it not what you're looking for? Just looking for ways to improve it.