Hacking Can you use homebrew to get discounted VC prices?

Mariomaruf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. This question has been burning a hole in my head since the Wii U virtual console has been announced, but now it can finally be answered via test. If you obtain a virtual console title in vWii through homebrew, does the Wii U believe that you own the game and give you a discounted price in the eshop? Also, can you system transfer VC games from Wii to vWii if you obtained them through homebrew? Thanks for any help in advance.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. This question has been burning a hole in my head since the Wii U virtual console has been announced, but now it can finally be answered via test. If you obtain a virtual console title in vWii through homebrew, does the Wii U believe that you own the game and give you a discounted price in the eshop? Also, can you system transfer VC games from Wii to vWii if you obtained them through homebrew? Thanks for any help in advance.

The answer is no to all of those. It simply checks your Wii shop account. I know this first hand from transferring, lost a lot of stuff I transferred from my parents Wii to mine that I have to re-purchase eventually.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not possible even if you wrote your own Ocarina code to attempt to get free points, etc as the Shop Channel is literally a section of encrypted webpages on Nintendo's servers that only a Wii can view. meaning its all done on Nintendo's end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@