Can you use homebrew to get discounted VC prices?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mariomaruf, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Mariomaruf
    OP

Newcomer Mariomaruf Newbie

United States
    Hello all. This question has been burning a hole in my head since the Wii U virtual console has been announced, but now it can finally be answered via test. If you obtain a virtual console title in vWii through homebrew, does the Wii U believe that you own the game and give you a discounted price in the eshop? Also, can you system transfer VC games from Wii to vWii if you obtained them through homebrew? Thanks for any help in advance.

2. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    i think the wii u checks your wii shop account, not vwii nand
    i not sure

3. BenRK

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The answer is no to all of those. It simply checks your Wii shop account. I know this first hand from transferring, lost a lot of stuff I transferred from my parents Wii to mine that I have to re-purchase eventually.

4. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    its not possible even if you wrote your own Ocarina code to attempt to get free points, etc as the Shop Channel is literally a section of encrypted webpages on Nintendo's servers that only a Wii can view. meaning its all done on Nintendo's end.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    lol wat? just use emulators

6. rednekcowboy

Member rednekcowboy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm assuming he's asking this because he wants the "updated features" such as allowing users to play the games on the gamepad instead of the TV