Can you still perform in-game cheats rather than turning cheats on

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by barnsleyfan, Oct 27, 2008.

1. barnsleyfan
    OP

Newcomer barnsleyfan Member

United Kingdom
    Hoping to get my AceKard tomorrow and get some roms put on. My question is:
    Is it just like playing a normal cartridge and can you input gamecheats (via various kepresses etc) as though i would on a normal game cartridge or must i use the Acekard cheat system. The reason i ask is that my 10 yearold is used to inputting individual cheats and i would prefer this to him accessing the cekard settings.

2. evilhomura89

Member evilhomura89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    the cheat system in Acekard is based on action replay codes...not the button pressing type of cheat code...so, it is impossible if u want to use the button pressing cheatcode...

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Well, the way keypress cheats work is actually set up in hardware; the commercial game cartridges capture the keypresses and it sets switches on the CB which change the in-game performance; for example by giving you unlimited lives or invincibility, etc. Since flash cards don't have these special switches, in-game cheats won't do anything and you're stuck with the flash card's own cheat menu.

4. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    wait..
    if he means like UUDDLRLRBA or something... you can use those while playing the game. those are coded into the commercial release, just like pressing "start" will pause the game.