Hacking Can you restore without NANDmin.bin?

Shogan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a New 3DS and I followed this guide to the latter and something has gone wrong. I was able to install FBI.cia, hblauncher_loader.cia and lumaupdater.cia from the Health and Safety/FBI menu. I opened Homebrew Launcher and updated Luma3DS from the main menu. My version now is sys 11.2.0-35E.

I then put a .cia ROM on the root of my SD but when I inserted the card the FBI, Homebrew Launcher and LUMA3DS options were gone from my menu. I retried section v (Injecting FBI) and vi (Finalising Setup) of the guide but the same thing happened again when I added a .cia file to my SD.

Now I have an even bigger problem where my 3DS says it cannot access my SD card and I think my NANDmin.bin may be corrupt (my backup didn't save to the cloud so I have none). I tried using Hourglass9 to restore from NANDmin.bin but it fails saying it's corrupt. The console still turns on but will not read the SD. I can boot in Hourglass9 and LUMA3DS menu on start up by holding start or select.

Is there anything I can do? Can I restore to a lower firmware and begin the process from scratch?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you probably have a fake SD card by the sounds of it, check it with h2testw, but your nand backup is probably garbage

I have had the same issue. I didn't have a fake sd card.

It turned out that my SD card reader would corrupt the files and suddenly it gave the error that it cannot access the card/files.

For safety, I formatted it, did the nand backup again and copied it over.

When I copied it back with the good sd card reader, it restored just fine.

Not saying that the card is not fake. Possibility is there. So still do check out :) if you bought it from reputable retailer you wouldn't have to worry about fakes.

Shogan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick replies!

Checking the card now but it was bought from a genuine shop. On the assumption that the SD card is OK is there anyway forward? I can format the card but I haven't got a nand backup on my laptop to restore. I also can't copy the nand on my card as it says that file is corrupt.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
most of the time these things are down to dodgy SD cards. if it passes h2testw then try reformatting on another computer/card reader and just copying your a9lh files back onto it

if it is fake then just get a new SD card and start from scratch, it sounds like a9lh is already setup so you would only need to copy your cfw back on the SD and start from scratch in regards to installing games/saves etc

Shogan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the h2testw says 'Test finished without errors'.

Just so I do this correctly (I'm relieved that I can even rescue the situation at all so don't want to do anything wrong). All I need to save from the list below is a9lh folder? I can delete and format everything else and just paste the a9lh folder onto the formatted card? Then FBI, Luma3DS updater and Homebrew Browser should reappear on the main menu?

It's a new device so I don't have any games or saves on it yet.

upload_2016-12-2_13-28-55.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you will need to reinstall luma updater and the homebrew launcher but fbi should still be injected as the health and safety app

things you need to copy on are, the luma folder, the arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.3dsx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative