Can someone please make a fork to fix this issue with Citric Composer?

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citric Composer is refusing to open this .bcsar file that I need to modify. Is there anyone who can make a fork that will fix this issue?
1693095448971.png

Last edited by Readmit,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this .bcsar file that I need to modify
How are you expecting anyone to identify the issue or do anything about this without saying more about "this .bcsar file that you need to modify"?

Have you been able to do anything to other .bcsar files?

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you expecting anyone to identify the issue or do anything about this without saying more about "this .bcsar file that you need to modify"?

Have you been able to do anything to other .bcsar files?
Yes. Most other .bcsar files are modifiable, this one does not open no matter what. It comes from Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS. I got every possible version of Mario Kart 7 that I could find, and I extracted the .bcsar file from each one. None of them can be opened by Citric nor Caesar. I get the same error every time.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks. That helped a lot.

Last edited by Readmit,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is considerably more descriptive.

But I can't imagine you're the first person who has ever tried to modify the MK7 music. If that is your end goal, then instead of ambiguously asking "someone" to "make a fork", I would suggest looking around to see what other people have done. Maybe there's another program people are using, or maybe something has to be done to these particular .bcsar files before they will work.

Or you can always learn to rewrite the code yourself.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just taking about the people asking how to do "X" but the really need to do "Y" and think X Is the correct solution but if they had ask about "Y" they will learn what the solution is "Z"

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just taking about the people asking how to do "X" but the really need to do "Y" and think X Is the correct solution but if they had ask about "Y" they will learn what the solution is "Z"
Eh... Someone dismissively linked me to https://xyproblem.info/ once and it just ticked me right off. I knew there were various ways to do "Y" and "X" seemed like a perfectly viable option if I only knew some of the extra details.

But then, I wasn't trying to summon magical Internet elves to rewrite a program for me.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is considerably more descriptive.

But I can't imagine you're the first person who has ever tried to modify the MK7 music. If that is your end goal, then instead of ambiguously asking "someone" to "make a fork", I would suggest looking around to see what other people have done. Maybe there's another program people are using, or maybe something has to be done to these particular .bcsar files before they will work.

Or you can always learn to rewrite the code yourself.
I can make my own blank music files and make my own mod for the game, the problem is making an xdelta patcher file of it. The xdelta file turns out massive for some reason. If I was able to just modify the .bcsar file instead, the xdelta file would be much smaller.

Last edited by Readmit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto