Hardware Can nintendo fix a bricked wii?

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wii is fully bricked and it is now a paperweight. All i can see is a black screen and nothing not even a health and safety warning. Savemiifrii won't work and i didn't have bottmii installed. So if i send it into nintendo, can they fix it or will they send me a new one?

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Nintendo can fix everything.
And if they can't they will replace it..
Though their prices are quite high if your warranty expired.

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah my warranty is good (lets just go with that that...) but i wanted to get a new one instead of my old shitty one thats y i was wondering.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much do they charge if your warranty expired?

Posts merged

how much do they charge if your warranty expired?

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
dudenator said:
Yeah my warranty is good (lets just go with that that...) but i wanted to get a new one instead of my old shitty one thats y i was wondering.
Just the fact that you managed to brick your Wii suggest your warranty has expired.
Fixing a Wii is about 75$ if I recall correctly.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
doesn't matter if you still have warranty once you install any homebrew or soft mod that voids it according to big n
tongue.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well his lying once they discover the soft mods they will charge you it says in their disclaimer on their site

fuck this site it's getting worse. slow piece of french shit!

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my backups weren't working after i downgraded to 3.2 and i didn't install a cios after so they might not find that shit and if they do i gotta fix it anyway.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to say but ive heard rumours that if they find soft mods on your Wii one, it cost like $75 to fix too, They update your boot1,boot2 and upgrade your wii to the newest update.
For you sake i hope thats a lie but ive heard its true with a old friend. But he got caught.
Thanks, Alex.

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all i can do now is hope to god they dont find that shit but i will still pay the 75$ if they like i said i gotta get it fixed. thanks, alex.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii has a low level brick which I don't think nintendo can fix and um I don' think they'd fix it for free or replace it for free but I don't want to waste 75 bucks to fix it.
frown.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they will find any tempering (mod) on your wii even if you downgraded or added a cios to them that voids your warranty and they charge you to fix A LOT.

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to darklg: what happened to mine was the big wii sports resort fiasco the upgrade bricked it thats what i told nintendo and they said free of charge but i doubt they can fix it so they will probably send me a new one.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudenator said:
to darklg: what happened to mine was the big wii sports resort fiasco the upgrade bricked it thats what i told nintendo and they said free of charge but i doubt they can fix it so they will probably send me a new one.

If your problem is software related, then Nintendo can fix it. They may send you a new one I suppose, but they can definitely fix it.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My warranty was up and they said my wii could be fixed for free (fried gpu) and I still could access the system menu and I just deleted the hbc so you couldnt see it on the menu. they sent me a new one for free. I dont think they always check to see whats installed .. they dont have the time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0