Hacking Hardware Nintendo Wii Unbricking Help using Infectus 2 Modchip

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it also possible to use a WiiKey Modchip for this also is a PAL Super Smash Bros Brawl Disc Backup also compatible with this Method? also i just dissasembled my Gamecube Controller and it still doesnt seem to work tho it is one of the cheap aftermarket ones since i rather not wanna use an OEM one for that tho i know for a fact that the aftermarket one works on Real Wii Hardware
As long as it's a modchip that can boot backup discs (and hopefully also out-of-region discs as well), any version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl works - You just need to download the appropriate version of Smash Stack for that disc's region.

You also need a 2GB SD card because that's only what Super Smash Bros. Brawl can use (blame Nintendo.)

The SaveMii controller detection might be picky about unofficial controllers, since unofficial controllers don't work well even with some homebrew apps.

Again though, you need a modchip to load the backup disc of the Super Smash Bros. autoboot version and the controller to be plugged into player 4 with the d-pad (ALL 4 DIRECTIONAL BUTTONS) fully held down.

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay so i am a bit stumbled now so if i understand correctly i need to install a Modchip that can autoboot a burned Smash Bros Brawl DVD that has Wii BootMe on it so i can then launch via Smash Stacks to fix my Brick is that basically the correct understanding?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i am a bit stumbled now so if i understand correctly i need to install a Modchip that can autoboot a burned Smash Bros Brawl DVD that has Wii BootMe on it so i can then launch via Smash Stacks to fix my Brick is that basically the correct understanding?
Pretty much.

That's why I asked if you know what drive you have, because the old Wii modchips for D2C and later versions are hard to find, and you can instead create your own modchip without having to source scarce modchips.

Since you have other Wiis, you can see if any of them have a DMS, D2A or D2B board for the Yaosm modchip and swap it out.

Otherwise with the Infectus 2, you'd need to go down the Bootmii route and keep swapping NANDs (not exactly how it works, but some of it) between the bricked Wii and a Bootmii-compatible Wii.

EDIT: This video shows the basic process. Although it's not the exact same brick (video shows Korean Error 003 brick), and they boot into Mario Kart Wii first for some reason (I can only assume to boot Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL for Korean Wii?), but it should help some.

Last edited by master801,

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay so i just looked and two of my Wiis Drives are a GC2-D2E is this compatible with the Yaosm Modchip? I have both a Infectus and a WiiKey Modchip that i can install incase those Drives are unsuported also my Black Bricked Wiis Drive is a GC2-D3-2 Revision Drive since it has no Text on the Chip itself

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay so i just looked and two of my Wiis Drives are a GC2-D2E is this compatible with the Yaosm Modchip? I have both a Infectus and a WiiKey Modchip that i can install incase those Drives are unsuported also my Black Bricked Wiis Drive is a GC2-D3-2 Revision Drive since it has no Text on the Chip itself
Sadly not. It only supports DMS/D2A/D2B

Wiikey 2 works with all.

Infectus works also with all if you get the right files (It's an Infectus 2 right?)
I've attached the Infectus 2 files and programmer. Yay for Waybackmachine!

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20111031024234/http://www.infectus.biz/downloads.php

Attachments

• InfectusProgrammer-3.9.9.0.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 19
  • wasabus1.7_a3p125.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Last edited by linuxares,

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sadly not. It only supports DMS/D2A/D2B

Wiikey 2 works with all.

Infectus works also with all if you get the right files (It's an Infectus 2 right?)
I've attached the Infectus 2 files and programmer. Yay for Waybackmachine!

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20111031024234/http://www.infectus.biz/downloads.php
So i just checked and my WiiKey is a WiiKey2 now the question is can a WiiKey2 autoboot games so that i can unbrick it? since iirc autobooting games skips the System Menu entirly and that would mean my Console would be rescued

EDIT: also Thanks linuxares for the Infectus2 Stuff! If the WiiKey2 for whatever reason wont work i can atleast use an Infectus2 Modchip!

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So i just checked and my WiiKey is a WiiKey2 now the question is can a WiiKey2 autoboot games so that i can unbrick it? since iirc autobooting games skips the System Menu entirly and that would mean my Console would be rescued

EDIT: also Thanks linuxares for the Infectus2 Stuff! If the WiiKey2 for whatever reason wont work i can atleast use an Infectus2 Modchip!
Wiikey2 needs an update most likely

https://gbatemp.net/download/wiikey-2-v1-3-odyssey-update-config-disc.37562/

https://www.rwiihacks.com/tutorials/bricktypes/ - for fix for different bricks
Also you need this - https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/410E01 (I can't tell you where to get it but google it or use the SHA)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/unbrick-your-wii-banner-brick.153315/ - guide that might still be up to date

More people have had success with "UniversalUnbrickDiscV2-ISO", not sure if Homebrew or hack of the official disk.

Last edited by linuxares,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SylverReZ do you happen to know if the UniversalUnbrickDiscV2 for the Wii is homebrew?
The UniversalUnbrickDiscV2 is homebrew, but if it, however contains System Menu WADs, then its not allowed. Although, you might want to confirm that first.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's fine i already found it on WiiFevers Channel! Now i just need to hope it is correct ISO and not some kind of bricking ISO is there a way to verify it?
1694803182284.png

MD5: ed87cf18a7b2b4e565383245f926beac
SHA1: 5c4fd8b8507e674447f94a31c02a381ab28a904e

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know to much about savemiifrii sadly, maybe @SylverReZ knows more
SaveMiiFrii was the nickname given to the method to enter recovery mode with a GC controller without the SaveMii dongle.

You can try using the MarioKart-PWNS method with a modchip to recover your system.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeh I know but how to repair this mess. I guess the best would be the find a .wad file of health and safety and put it on the SD card and reinstall it?

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank You!
Is there also a writing guide? like how fast the ISO shall be writing to the DVD?
I have Blank Intenso DVD-R and i just hope they are compatible with the Nintendo Wii
I think it's just to write it with like imgburn.

I guess 1x if you wanna be sure but takes forever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto