Hacking Hardware Nintendo Wii Unbricking Help using Infectus 2 Modchip

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just tried 2x with XfBurn and my Intenso DVDs threw an Error at my Wii and i may just get Blank Verbatim 16x DVD-R since iirc those are the best and the Verbatim CD-R ones i use for PS1 Dev Stuff i have very good experience with i will update when i got everything ready!

Reactions: linuxares

Retro-Hax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm sorry for necrobumping my own Post but uh the WiiKey2 Config Disc has no Option for Autoboot O.o
Also trying to insert the UUDv2.iso DIsc into my WiiKey2 Drive simply results in an Error :(
Both are burned at 8x Speed on Blank Verbatim DVD-Rs
Anyone know maybe a WiiKey2 Config File that allows for Autoboot or similiar?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for necrobumping my own Post but uh the WiiKey2 Config Disc has no Option for Autoboot O.o
Also trying to insert the UUDv2.iso DIsc into my WiiKey2 Drive simply results in an Error :(
Both are burned at 8x Speed on Blank Verbatim DVD-Rs
Anyone know maybe a WiiKey2 Config File that allows for Autoboot or similiar?
All the modchip does is load backup and out-of-region games. It does not care about autoboot.

Which is why you patch the exploit backup disc with "Wii BootMe" before burning. This makes it autoboot using the SaveMii "Dongle" (or using the SaveMiiFrii method.)

A SaveMii Dongle is a small piece of hardware that is meant to be placed into a GameCube memory port on the Wii to recover from some bricks. This chip mimics a real Nintendo recovery device, which is recognized by the System Menu on boot, instead booting directly to a disc.

The recovery menu can boot any disc whose title ID starts with 0 or 1[1]. Most Wii games start with R or S, although the recovery menu can also perform disc updates from any disc.
To recover from a brick using SaveMii, a drivechip must be installed. Insert the dongle into memory card slot B, then boot the Wii. After this, Wii BootMe can be used to change the title ID of any game ISO to start with a 0. The new ISO can then be burned to a DVD, and once the game launches, Bluebomb can boot recovery software.
Source: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/SaveMii_Dongle#Brick_recovery

This tool lets you change the way Wii images boot.As far as we know there are 2 methods to boot a game.

Method 1 is R (manual boot)
Method 2 is 0 (autoboot)

Autoboot patches the ISO so the game loads directly without having to go to the disc channel, thus booting faster.
Source: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto