Can I use Ocarina for GameCube games and where do I get codes?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shinigami Kiba, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    I want to finish both Baten Kaitos games but truth be told I'm too damn lazy to play through JRPGs without cheating, I play em when I have to because I really love the games for their stories and atmosphere but when I can cheat I seize the opportunity and cheat to my heart's content [​IMG]

I have a WiiKey so Cube games boot with the Gecko OS loaders.

edit: I also want to replay Skies of Arcadia, haven't played that since the DC but I don't feel like dealing with all the gameplay stuff, just want to blaze through it with cheats

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Ocarina doesn't work with GC games
    If you want to cheat on them, buy action replay

3. st0rax

Banned st0rax Banned

Germany
    But for wii games you can get cheatcodes for ocarina's cheatmanager here: www.usbgecko.com/codes
    I hope it helped [​IMG]

4. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

thanks a lot man, that'll come in handy when they release some more JRPGs because as much as I love my JRPGs if i can cheat in them i cheat big time.

And do I have to buy an action replay? Can't i just pirate it and use an SD Card or something to store codes?

5. lakaiskateboarding

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

Yes you can, if you have a modchip. I have action replay 1.14e. You could also wait for the GC loader.

6. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

do tell
    I have WiiKey

so I just download the disc, burn it and then how do I go about it using codes from an SD Card?

7. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    I'm not sure about SD cards, the Action Replay I have for my Gamecube stores the saves on the GC Memory card. I also ahve to import the codes by hand and type them out (GET A KEYBOARD for your Wii/Gamecube if its possible, it'd be soo much easier). However I have the original 1.0 so I'm not sure about newer versions of action replay. To use it just boot it before the GameCube game, select the codes and then press start, it will then ask you to take the GC disc out and put in the game you want to play.

8. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You could also try GCARS (http://www.fuzziqersoftware.com/files/gcars-cs-public-beta-099.zip), I'm not sure, but it might work with the GameCube homebrew launcher thing. You could also try out other gamecube action replay homebrew stuff and see if it works.