Hacking Can i use a acekard2i on older firmware ?

ChaosHydrA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive bought a 3DS XL and the acekard2i about 1½ month ago which came with what i presume is either 4.1 or 4.2 compatibility.

Ive had the XL for around 2 weeks on my shelf now unpacked and im fed up with the update for 4.3.0-10 not coming yet ive been checking their official site/forum & gbatemp like 7-8 times daily in this period lol. Im wondering is it possible to use the acekard on older firmwares of the console itself ? the XL is on its default firmware which im presuming is around 3.0 something on purchase i havent updated it yet, or is it only useable on a device that has 4.1/4.2 which the Acekard is currently on. I bought the card fro ma retailer btw preinstalled i think i just need to download that AKAIO thing from the official site

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All right I have to admit your text is too squished together and not properly punctuated, and I didn't find it comfortable to read.

From what I understood, you want to run an updated AceKard on a 3DS XL with pretty old firmware? Sure it works. Don't worry.

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just be sure to use the latest firmware of AK2i avaiable: http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds42_dsi144.zip
You should use Akaio 1.9.0: http://www.akaio.net/forum/download/file.php?id=235

Reactions: 1 person

ChaosHydrA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the help guys it works flawlessly :3 I dont know why i never thought about just using a older Acekard2i firmware since the machine came with 3.1.0-6E, i just think i didnt wanna risk anything, till the new update got released after reading so much about the latest updates. Btw im not sure what firmware my acekard is compatible with, there doesnt seem to be anything mentioning it on the AKAIO menu on the 3DS. The game icon is being shown as "Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros" though

btw sorry about my first post i wrote it pretty late in the night. After reading it this afternoon i noticed how exhausting it was to read :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill