Hacking Can I transfer savedata from genuine cart to .3ds rom?

Link_Chung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought the genuine The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to support Gateway hacking. I had been playing the game while I'm waiting for the Gateway card and the save dongle. Now I have successfully entered the EmuNand and also backed up my savedata of Zelda using the save dongle. The Gateway card also helped me back up my game cartridge as a .3ds file, but I found that the .3ds rom doesn't keep my original savedata.
The question is: Can I transfer savedata from genuine cart to .3ds rom? and How?

I'm eagerly waiting for your replies. Thanks in advance! :)

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves might work because I used it to transfer my ORAS data from my card to a 3ds rom on my gateway card.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You just need converting Zelda's save into GW format, right?
Then the step is:
1) Rename dumped Zelda ROM into .3DZ, then put it into GW's MicroSD.
2) Rename backed-up Zelda save into 0004000000033400.sav and keep it inside the 3DS's SD/MicroSD.
Done.

For almost every Card1 game released before Oct 2013, you can follow the steps above to make the saves work.

For almost every Card1 game released after Oct 2013, you need a new3DS 8.1-9.2 + NTR CFW 2.1 + save plugin to dump the properly worked save, and then use SaveDataFiler to import the dumped save.

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then the step is:
2) Rename backed-up Zelda save into 0004000000033400.sav and keep it inside the 3DS's SD/MicroSD.
Done.

For almost every Card1 game released before Oct 2013, you can follow the steps above to make the saves work.

For almost every Card1 game released after Oct 2013, you need a new3DS 8.1-9.2 + NTR CFW 2.1 + save plugin to dump the properly worked save, and then use SaveDataFiler to import the dumped save.
perfect and concise, can I quote you on that?

D

Deleted User

In the Gateway Launcher you can get .3ds from game cart, but you can also backup and restore savegame. When you've dumped your savegame, turn off your 3DS, open the big SD card and you'll find an .sav file. Rename it to 0004000000033400.sav. Insert it in your 3Ds and you're ready to go!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VerseHell is right, I've tried it with my own copy of OoT and this method does not work because the save file size is 128KB. It only works for 512KB saves.

However, I was able to get my retail save working with Sky3DS :D
No, it works only with 512Ko non 6.X encrypted save.
Then the step is:
Done.

Is the the success of the NTR method dependent on the dump file size being 512k?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is the the success of the NTR method dependent on the dump file size being 512k?
NTR should work (but requires Cubic Ninja), I believe it dumps saves into the same decrypted format as SaveDataFiler, then they can be imported into the ROM using SDF. So the save size doesn't really matter as it dumps the file system inside the save file without the padding.

Reactions: thorasgar

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
perfect and concise, can I quote you on that?
Sure. But I had made a mistake on not referring to 128KB saves.
GW Launcher doesn't support all 128KB saves.
You need CFW + SaveDataFiler (128KB Pre-Oct-2013 save only) or NTR CFW + plugin (Pre-Oct-2013 only for NTR 1.0, all 128KB saves for NTR 2.1) to convert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2