Hacking Can I start my library of wii u games or...?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that people still say things like this. Game purchases are tied to your NNID, However the ID is tied to the hardware.
The tools to move an account to other hardware exist, and Nintendo will do it with absolutely no trouble if you call their support. It's incredibly stupid that they won't surface this to customers, but the infrastructure is there and is all rather easy to pull off. Unless you have a phobia of phone calls, it's trivial.

It's still silly that it's that restrictive. Anyway, I do believe people have lost their games because they couldn't prove their 3DS was stolen or other random accident that made them 3DSless. Don't quote me on that, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember something about that.

Either way, digital bugs me. I won't condone piracy, but I don't blame someone who avoids DRMed digital distribution.

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
I love that people still say things like this. Game purchases are tied to your NNID, However the ID is tied to the hardware.
The tools to move an account to other hardware exist, and Nintendo will do it with absolutely no trouble if you call their support. It's incredibly stupid that they won't surface this to customers, but the infrastructure is there and is all rather easy to pull off. Unless you have a phobia of phone calls, it's trivial.
I don't have a phobia. I live in eastern Europe, we have 0 support from Nintendo here. The only thing I can do is write an e-mail to the UK support and hope for an answer. Again, as I say millions and millions of times - The World =/= America.

My friends wiiu broke - it was a manufacturer issue with the optical drive and motherboard. The console was on warranty, but because of this lack of support, he had to sent the whole console from poland to UK at his own cost, and the shipping was quite expensive on its own. They had to replace some stuff inside the console, what resulted in them sending him a clean unit. Digital games don't have warrenty on them, so everything was lost. F*cking 12 digital games... again MANUFACTURER ISSUE not his. Re-entering your NNID helped with nothing -_-

Where is your support now? They have polices securing them with issues like this, nothing can be done. All that money wasted on games that are "not even mine", we could throw out a window with the same result.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even so, what we really need for backup loaders to work is an IOSU exploit, something that hasn't been found yet.
Actually loaders could work with the KExploit (Kernel Exploit). Marionumber1 said that it will be way harder to make on Kernel than IOSU but Hykem said that if a valid entrypoint is found in update 3.1.0 then the IOSU can be done in no time.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
if we dont need a backup loader to inject vc/nds games then wouldnt the same method be approachable for wii u titles? im sure its probable not that straight forwould though

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik you can't replace files from the area (partition?) which holds executeable code.
And even if you could, wouldn't that require every game to have the same asset filenames to reroute to your PC?

Cafiine doesn't mount the entire game disc onto the PC afaik ???

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if we dont need a backup loader to inject vc/nds games then wouldnt the same method be approachable for wii u titles? im sure its probable not that straight forwould though
You could theoretically do that, but have fun sending a 22GB file to your Wii U over a network

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
Well, I heard that a Wii U exploit will be released soon and I want to be ready to use it.
For now, is it possible to download wii u games online or anything I will find will be fake?

Also, if it is possible to download wii u games right now, does their size are like 3ds games?
Like 512mb, 1go, 2go or 4go. Is it similar for wii u isos?

thanks a lot
If you want to boot iso's then start downloading them now. I have 6 so far. Dont wait for the exploit to get them. By the time there is loaders you will have a nice collection to test out. I did the same thing with 3ds roms and others thought it was stupid having roms that you cant use. Well they were the stupid ones. Once the flash carts were released they all rushed out to get the roms i already had like 2 years before.
So to answer your topic i say yeah. Start downloading before the links are dead. i know some good places to get them .WUDs

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could theoretically do that, but have fun sending a 22GB file to your Wii U over a network
In kernel mode usb access is enabled. You just have to force the disc to output to the usb drive. You may not be able to pirate the games without dumping them from pc to wii u currently but you should be able to dump them from the disc to the usb with no problems. Then just dupe the disc channel but make it point to usb instead. As I remember the channels are part of os not ios. So theoretically one would be able to re-make a channel that loads in memory from the pc and accesses the usb to play games. Also using things like stealth to hide the usb from ios and program your app to be able to read that usb basically the only part you would be transferring would just be the app itself everything else would be running on the wii u hardware. So if one can decrypt the games and place them on places to download piracy could begin long before IOS is exploited. One would just have to put forth the work. Also, this method of dumping the game could also allow you to put your u/pc combo in seed mode. Allowing you to sleep and go to work/school all while your dumped games are uploading to the favorite torrent storage places...(you know where most of us store our backups for later retrieval)

Reactions: Witalka_Shelby

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In kernel mode usb access is enabled. You just have to force the disc to output to the usb drive. You may not be able to pirate the games without dumping them from pc to wii u currently but you should be able to dump them from the disc to the usb with no problems. Then just dupe the disc channel but make it point to usb instead. As I remember the channels are part of os not ios. So theoretically one would be able to re-make a channel that loads in memory from the pc and accesses the usb to play games. Also using things like stealth to hide the usb from ios and program your app to be able to read that usb basically the only part you would be transferring would just be the app itself everything else would be running on the wii u hardware. So if one can decrypt the games and place them on places to download piracy could begin long before IOS is exploited. One would just have to put forth the work. Also, this method of dumping the game could also allow you to put your u/pc combo in seed mode. Allowing you to sleep and go to work/school all while your dumped games are uploading to the favorite torrent storage places...(you know where most of us store our backups for later retrieval)
iirc channels are checked by IOSU every time they are launched, so any changes to point them to USB would be blocked

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lol. Sending 1 GB already takes about 15 minutes so enjoy being ready to play after 5.5 hours xD
How many games do actually use a full disc? The size of the largest game I've dumped so far is ~6.0 GB and the console doesn't need that much at once, so a network backup loader is definitely feasible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo