Can I start my library of wii u games or...?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Noctosphere, May 15, 2015.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    Hi everyone,
    Well, I heard that a Wii U exploit will be released soon and I want to be ready to use it.
    For now, is it possible to download wii u games online or anything I will find will be fake?

Also, if it is possible to download wii u games right now, does their size are like 3ds games?
    Like 512mb, 1go, 2go or 4go. Is it similar for wii u isos?

thanks a lot

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The Wii U exploit will not let you run ISO's, it's a userland exploit with no kernel access. As for Wii U ISO's, some are in the wild and they're up to 25-odd GB, just like normal BluRays.

3. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    alright thanks

4. Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio Super Genius

Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Rosalina's Comet Observatory
    Although, if you do find legit downloads online, they will NOT be 25GB. They will be compressed to about 5 or 10 GB using RAR5 compression. The uncompressed size is 25025314816 bytes.

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  5. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    There is a kernel exploit in the works what are you jibbering about?

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    He means the one that's currently available, I think?

7. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    While I appreciate all the effort people put to break console security and allow us full control on the system (which often lead to piracy, but it's not hackers' fault), I don't understand some boys and men who buy their consoles just to play tons of pirated games...

Console modding/hacking used to be easy for the previous generations (ps1, ps2, psp, wii). However, hacking current and future systems becomes exponentially harder that you'll need a miracle to find a vulnerability or some leaked encryption key (for example ps3). And even after that, very often those security vulnerabilities get fixed immediately by companies that force you to update regularly so that they can detect and block any ODE and/or hardware or software modification.

My point is : enjoy your life and your console and don't wait for it to get hacked in order to play. Buy only the games you really love, search for cheap used games, ... etc.
    If you really want a cheap way to play all the new expensive games just buy a powerful PC (you know what I mean!).

Wellington2k likes this.
  8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Ah, the magical "in the works". Seeing is believing, we'll talk when it's out. Even if users will have access to a kernel exploit, USB loaders, drive chips, patches, custom IOS'es and all the peripheral crap required to launch backups won't just magically spring into existence overnight. The only jibbering I'm hearing is thinking that the Wii U is anywhere near cracked to a degree usable for average users - there's a lot of research to be done here.

9. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    You lost me at cheap powerful PC. :) Also can you show me how to play MK8, Smash 4, Splatoon and all the other Nintendo tiles on the cheap powerful PC you are going to show me how to build?

10. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2014
    France

I agree with you a powerful PC isn't cheap at all but in the long run it is the only solution for pirates who want to easily "play" current-gen games. As we can notice nowadays, almost every major game get PC/XB1/PS4 release (GTA, Mortal Kombat, Fifa&PES...). But as you said you ll never be able to play nintendo gems on PC :(

11. 00stevo

00stevo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2015
    Emulators.

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Yes, all the non-existant XBO and PS4 emulators and all the 1FPS X360/PS3 emulators, good advice.

Otelo2 and Mr. Mysterio like this.
  13. Mr. Mysterio

Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Google will show you tons of pages advertising Wii U emulators...

14. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    FTFY

KingBlank, Foxi4 and Mr. Mysterio like this.
  15. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    GUIZ LOOK HOW LEGIT DIS IS NIN10DOH IS NOW DUUMED http://console-emulator.com/wii-u-emulator/

Edit: It claims to work with Windows XP, 1GB of RAM, and as little as 2GHz of processing power.... yea...

16. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    The days of PS1 and N64 emulation is far behind us. Heck, there's still no great emulator for the original Xbox. The power and work needed to make emulators for recent consoles are increasing exponentially. I wouldn't wait for an emulator to come around, as it could take 10+ years for a playable one with good compatibility to come around for something like the Wii U. Not saying it will, just that I won't be holding my breath.

As for the topic. I recommend you just buy your games. There's not that many great games for the Wii U, yet, so it wouldn't be that expensive of an endeavour.

17. Mr. Mysterio

Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Just for laughs, I'm going to try this in a VM. :D

18. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Just be careful; if the site asks you to fill out surveys gtfo of there

Mr. Mysterio likes this.
  19. Mr. Mysterio

Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    The first thing I did was to click on the download link, and, you guessed it, it won't even let me get the EXE without completing a stupid survey. :rofl:

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  20. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Even so, what we really need for backup loaders to work is an IOSU exploit, something that hasn't been found yet.