Hardware Can I get banned without ever going online?

TicinoLX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I mean,

for example:

I have a hacked console -> Play a Game with a friend locally -> My Switchdata will be sent to his console -> He connects online -> Nintendo gets my Switch status through my friends console -> Bans me.
Is that possible?

Or is it 100% safe to play locally with a friend?

Reactions: MaildroidX

MaildroidX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not even sure if they can actually do that. But it's not a good idea to go online with a hacked console at all. Never has been not with the 360 or PS3. Not worth the risk.

chaos_jockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no documented proof but this is my experience thus far:

As soon as retroarch was loadable in hbm I hacked my switch to play emulators, remaining in airplane mode the entire time I played for an hour that night and then my switch sat until kirby came out. I did a full format of my sd card via SD Card Formatter and updated my switch in order to install kirby. I played my switch for a couple months connected online, playing Rocket League with my buddy, then it sat collecting dust for a while. Sometime November 2 - 8, that week I deleted my network settings and modded again. Haven't checked to see if I'm banned, will probably do that after christmas. From what I gather so far Nintendo cares about NSFW, cheating, piracy, and blowing your fuses? Don't quote me lol. I've got a clean NAND backup waiting.

Add all of that together and you get how they've treated their product all along, starting with Tengen (Atari). Obviously Ninten-does what Ninten-do and may decide to ban anybody that has funky bits, nybbles, and bytes laying around on their system.

Edit: Apparently one user was banned for using a GBA emulator, not sure if they ever went online though. I didn't clear anything beyond my sd card and loaded nothing more than retroarch.

Last edited by chaos_jockey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning