Hacking Question Can I get banned trying to hack my switch?

Megradome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello gbatemp
When I am booting into RCM mode and injecting the payload and stuff can I get banned when I am doing that? I am asking because I might not be able to hack my switch it says (it's in the orange zone). Also if I can't load the payload onto it should I just format my SD card so it removes all the files? When I boot into RCM mode and nothing happens after injecting the payload can I just press the power button until the normal logo comes on?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just injecting a payload won't get you banned, you can try it. just shut down your console if it works, don't boot into OFW and do shady stuff in there. If it works, create an emunand, keep it offline and do your homebrew and piracy there.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
When I am booting into RCM mode and injecting the payload and stuff can I get banned when I am doing that?
No. The rcm is a mode which boots (if we boot into it ofc) before the os from the switch loads. Technically it isn't detectable. But no one knows what nintendo can "see" and what not. Don't forget, there is always a risk getting banned.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No. The rcm is a mode which boots (if we boot into it ofc) before the os from the switch loads. Technically it isn't detectable. But no one knows what nintendo can "see" and what not. Don't forget, there is always a risk getting banned.
It is very much detectable, but ninty is not doing it.

Megradome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using CFW on switch = BAN
you should use an EMUMMC offline to not get banned.
what is emummc? Is it like 90dns? Also can i just be online with 90dns?

just injecting a payload won't get you banned, you can try it. just shut down your console if it works, don't boot into OFW and do shady stuff in there. If it works, create an emunand, keep it offline and do your homebrew and piracy there.
Can I use 90dns to stay online?

Stop giving the wrong information. Running CFW does not get you banned. Pirating games and cheating online will get you banned
So I can be online not using 90dns and not be banned and be online?

I just don't want to attempt to hack my switch and get banned and not be able to hack it.
Thank You for help!

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
what is emummc?
The emuMMC (or EmuNAND) refers to the copy of Switch’s internal storage, which is saved on SD card.

Is it like 90dns?
No

Also can i just be online with 90dns?
No. Stop asking that.

Can I use 90dns to stay online?
No. 90DNS is an dns blocker which prevents you from connecting with nintendos servers.

So I can be online not using 90dns and not be banned and be online?
Dude, create an emummc. Sysnand for online and clean stuff. emuMMC for all hackery and piracy.

I just don't want to attempt to hack my switch and get banned and not be able to hack it.
A ban has nothing to do with hacking. Or with other words said, a ban doesn't take your ability to use cfw+homebrew

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So if I set the dns properly it will allow me ot connect to internet so I can download homebrew, apps (not from eshop), and etc?
For this you only need an internet connection. 90DNS is only for blocking nintendos server. Here is a link which should answer your question in relation to 90dns.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Megradome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this you only need an internet connection. 90DNS is only for blocking nintendos server. is a link which should answer your question in relation to 90dns.
Thank you!
Also can I just add the files to the SD card and try to inject the payload and delete the files if it doesnt work. Because I do not want to format it as it is the only one I have.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello OP

Your switch can't be modded since it is in Orange. To answer your question you can get banned easily... The best way not to get banned is to dualboot your system where it can play CFW/OFW and on your CFW partition you use a special DNS like 90NDS or Igcognito to block you from Nintendo Servers

You have to wait for the modchip and pay for someone to install it for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade