Gaming Can I delete the WUP files after installing it to NAND?

Kylow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so just a quick question really. Haven't got a ton of space left on my SD card, would it be ok to delete the WUP files after installing them on the Wii U? Thanks.

Kylow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. As long as they all installed successfully, then they are already copied over to the system memory/USB device.
Cheers dude!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You might want to backup the installation files to your PC so you never have to rip them again but yea, it's completely save to remove them from the SD card.
Cheers man, will do!

meepdarby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw in general install games to the usb and then move them to the nand through the data management interface. WUP installer can fail leaving you with lost nand space. Only use the nand for important stuff.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be in the import folder. that's the temp folder during installation. I'm not sure if it's always on the NAND or if it will be on USB if installing there, but I know it's on the NAND usually.

meepdarby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be in the import folder. that's the temp folder during installation. I'm not sure if it's always on the NAND or if it will be on USB if installing there, but I know it's on the NAND usually.

I know, I'm suggesting they install file to their usb device instead of NAND because having to use ftpiiu everywhere is risky and can cause brick if you don't know what you are doing. By installing WUP files on a USB drive, you lower the risk.

(Not referring to WUP files used for installing initial custom firmware and homebrew channel, those need to be installed to the NAND. Just referring to games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock