Can I change my Password with Haxchi installed?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Der_Blockbuster, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Im wondering if i can change my password of the account where Haxchi is installed.

2. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    I don't see why not. Haxchi isn't CBHC so even if it doesn't work it'll be a small matter to reinstall Haxchi.

3. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Oh sorry I mean CBHC

4. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Ah, i haven't read anything about that being dangerous but i don't even use CBHC myself so i suggest waiting for someone who actually knows cbhc better.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, as long as you don't actually delete the account you can do whatever you want to it, even forget the password and stop using it again

(even then, deleting the account isn't directly a problem, however the console will consider all tickets purchased by that account invalid, even if those tickets are still properly signed for the console, which is the real issue)

6. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Yes, you can change your password without a problem, just don't delete the account from your WiiU.

CBHC is linked to the account, that's why other users on the WiiU can use CBHC without using the account that bought the DS Game.