Gaming Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Thread

Which Controller Do You Use Or Play Best With?

• Total voters

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only game I have so far on the Wii U and I didn't see a thread to discuss the game. I'd like to share some of my opinions and thoughts on the game with you all and hopefully get some feedback as well.

Obviously this is a game that is already out on 360, PS3 and PC and a game that hasn't been designed to take full advantage of the Wii U so there are some minor graphical issues but you won't notice them when you're immersed in the gameplay. The Wii U version offers some unique experiences. Most notably is the ability to play the game with several different controls, all offer their own unique experiences. It's interesting being able to easily see the entire map with just a quick glance down. You constantly have an idea as to where enemies are in team modes because you can simply go in a direction your teammates aren't. It's also convenient to have your loadouts, friends and other information readily available.

One major criticism I have is the extremely poor default controls for the Wii remote. Anyone who plays on the default setting will simply think the game is unplayable with the Wii remote. But with a lot of adjustments in the settings you can really make the Wii remote experience much better. The button placement on the Wii remote is not too comfortable for this game. My wrist usually hurts afterward from awkwardly reaching for buttons. Feel free to share your button layouts and sensitivity settings for the Wii remote plus.

I don't have the pro controller so I can't comment on that too much. From what I've read it lacks analog triggers and doesn't have an input for a mic. The mic input isn't the biggest issue. What I don't get is why my Tritton headset can't work through the USB like it does on the PS3. I also don't get why the Wii U doesn't support bluetooth mics like PS3. I've always hated the 360 mic plug and don't want that option anyway.

The online community in the game is very small. Some game modes have no players. This is understandable seeing as how the console has only been out a few months. Hopefully the community will continue to grow.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have not tried using a Wiimote on the game, mainly because I really like using the gamepad. I actually think I like it better on this game than my xbox controller on the xbox. My hands don't get as cramped when using the gamepad as they do using the smaller controllers.

vdoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it didn't help that they released the game late and the fact that most of the users have been fostered in on 360/ps3 for years.. I do realize some COD's came out of Wii U but the community was not nearly as big due to Wii not being very "on-line centric"

it's a great game with tons of modes and content.. gamepad can be used in so many ways.. I have used all three controls and I do like the pro controller but haven't given the wiimote a chance since they just came out with a patch to fix those controls.. but it's obvious you can be super accurate with it as there is almost no reason to use aim assist like you kind of need for a standard controller.

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another criticism I have is that you can't bring up the Wii U menu in this game unless your at the title screen. On PS3 you can bring up your the media bar at any point during the game usually. I hope they make it like that in the future.

Reactions: ddrrmm

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason the sound settings for voice control doesn't work for me. When I go into the game settings and lower the voice volume, it still is blasting in my headphones so I end up having to mute everyone since I'm unable to control the volume separately.

Also this game seems to have a lot of lag online and it doesn't appear to be just me. Typically most players any a room have three bars or less. A bit disappointing. The lag was so bad today that I just decided to stop playing.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have this game on Wii U aswell, me and a friend are playing from my console and I am using the gamepad. My friend is using my normal Classic Controller (very first version) attached to a Nyko case the shape of a 360 controller. My friend also plays from home and he feels just as confortable.

Pip'

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They released a software update today. Now you can pull up the menu during the game except for during online games.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
is that all the update was , with upcoming DLC for BLOPS2 i was hoping it would be a patch for that somehow.

EDIT : the menu has has a slight restructure , categories organsied etc , cant see anything else.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Apologies for double post , however it seems the update wasnt entirely meant for the WiiU lol :

1/29 Patch - Wii U

Posted by A_Trey_U on Jan 29, 2013 9:31 PM
Hello Wii U Community,

We are noticing some issues with the version of the patch that was posted that you guys are also reporting here on the forums. We are working with Nintendo on a resolution to this problem and hope to know more at some point tomorrow. I will keep you posted as I receive more information.

We are aware that some of the menu listings from the 360's Revolution DLC drop are showing up in the game. This is not a confirmation of DLC for the Wii U, just a versioning problem that we are working to address.

I do not want to publish the list of known fixes until I have confirmation that they are all live. I hope to be able to do this tomorrow, but as I mentioned, this is something we are working on with Nintendo, so the timeline isn't entirely in our hands.

Thank you for understanding.

A_Trey_U

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally think the Wii U version is the best out of them all, except for the lack of players. I just wish 3rd party developers would give more care to Nintendo. It seems like the support is always poor compared to the other consoles. With the Wii U's bigger memory there is no excuse for no DLC. I just hope we continue to get all the updates the other platforms get. I will say, I never bought the console for 3rd party games, but rather for 1st party titles; however I'd rather get games on Wii U instead of PS3 because of the gamepad.

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why the default controls in the game are different. Makes it really awkward for anyone who's played on PS3 before.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought the game. Add me on PSN if you want to play. Be warned though, I've prestiged 6 times on the PS3 so I'm not a newcomer. But I also have shitty guns to play with so you might win.

Send me a friend invite if you'd like to play.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/SIZE said:
A_Trey_U]You guys try to read into every word we say. The pink zebra sleeps at night, but only on oddly numbered years. The answers lie above (even though they don't).

answer said:
Zebras have a life span of 20 years. If they sleep on odd numbered years, that means they only sleep for 10 years which is around 3,650 nights of sleep. They sleep standing up which is crazy, but they still get 9 hours of sleep per night. So 32,850 hours of sleep. P!NK is 33 years old. Hours of zebra sleep divided by P!NK's age is 995. There were 12 words in your coded sentence. Which are how many months are in a year. Coincidence that you'd give us a reference of time? I think not. So 995/12 = 82. Since you used time as a clue, obviously it isn't years or months because there'd be another version(s) of the game in that time. So it's days. In 82 days we'll get DLC for the Wii U. So in April sometime...WHICH IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU PEOPLE! Xbox = Jan. PS3 = Feb. PC = Mar. Wii U = April. You heard it here first. Booyah...code crackalacka.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just watching this youtube video & it appears to confirm the navcard from "Green Run - Tranzit" can be used on "Die Rise" DLC navcard table.( http://www.youtube.com/watc... On the Wii u version of Black Ops 2 the navcard is obtainable on the right side of the bus station.
it appears the only purpose of the navcards are to use them on those diffrent navcard tables on dlc maps.
so we will get "Die Rise" DLC with the ps3 & pc players? possible Nuketown as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer