C2w patcher forwarder

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my really last reply now: You say it vor yourself: You found the issue for your setup aka Pretendo is shifting your RAM layout in a consistent manner. For other users this might be completely different. Ready into what RAM layout and undefined behaviour means in case you want to know more.

And good luck trying to make these forwarders work for all users. You already know Pretendo makes no difference for mrmagicm but I'm sure you'll find a consistent fix for everyone.
lol, is it my job to make these forwarders work for all users? Settle down with all of this. I love how you were so ready to give me shit as if I had just bricked when that wasn't at all what happened, and I was able to fix the issue and get it all working consistently again withiout issue. You're so eager for me to be wrong about this, it's kinda sad.

Don't take for you mika, V10lator violates everyone, imagine a kind of sasuke that hears everything in the shadows, he's the hidden brother of Cyan but a bit less analytic ^^
Give these versions of the forwarders a try. Their meta data label them differently from Loadiine and Retroarch, and the icons I used are to match the new names I gave them. However, they still forward to the same locations on your SD card and work a charm at least for me anyway. Please note, I made these forwarders back in the CBHC days, so the loadiine forwarder overwrites Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs if you have that. It warns of a potential brick because of that, but since we're all past those CBHC days, the worst that will happen is if you own that DS game, it will get overwritten with Loadiine instead.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6t5egqoollifm6f/Forwarders_for_mrmagicm.zip/file

Edit: mrmagicm has confirmed via DM that these old forwarders do the trick for him now. Was indeed the forwarders he had causing the issue and not some insane consistent terrible lottery odds lol. However, anyone else planning to use these forwarders, just know that I made them a long time ago, and apparently I put the wrong banner on one of them, and as I said earlier, the names reflect what I call my emulator forwarders/channels (that is I call them by what systems they are, for me Loadiine is just DS games, so that channel is just called Nintendo DS, and I call Retroarch: Arcade+ to kinda denote the many odds and ends systems that that covers).

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: zigoraty

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I saw the readme, but just want to be sure before I make new forwarders; if put the plugin into the folder, it's automatically on at all times, right? If I make a forwarder for a Wii emulator game, I shouldn't check the c2w patcher box in TeconMoon's injector?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I shouldn't check the c2w patcher box in TeconMoon's injector?
You still need to check this.
  • What teconmoons injector does when you select that box: It downloads and patches the c2w.img file for overclocking, then adds it to the title.
  • What the plugin does: Check if the title to be launched contains the c2w.img file (and more) and if so apply patches into the c2w loader to load that file from the title instead of from firmware.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • What teconmoons injector does when you select that box: It downloads and patches the c2w.img file for overclocking, then adds it to the title.
  • What the plugin does: Check if the title to be launched contains the c2w.img file (and more) and if so apply patches into the c2w loader to load that file from the title instead of from firmware.
Oh alright, got it. Glad I waited lol. Thanks!

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, anybody have C2w fowarder for tiramisu available?
Post automatically merged:

lol, is it my job to make these forwarders work for all users? Settle down with all of this. I love how you were so ready to give me shit as if I had just bricked when that wasn't at all what happened, and I was able to fix the issue and get it all working consistently again withiout issue. You're so eager for me to be wrong about this, it's kinda sad.

Give these versions of the forwarders a try. Their meta data label them differently from Loadiine and Retroarch, and the icons I used are to match the new names I gave them. However, they still forward to the same locations on your SD card and work a charm at least for me anyway. Please note, I made these forwarders back in the CBHC days, so the loadiine forwarder overwrites Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs if you have that. It warns of a potential brick because of that, but since we're all past those CBHC days, the worst that will happen is if you own that DS game, it will get overwritten with Loadiine instead.
Do these forwarders work on tiramisu? and is it preferable to install on nand?

Last edited by zigoraty,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, anybody have C2w fowarder for tiramisu available?
Post automatically merged:

Do these forwarders work on tiramisu? and is it preferable to install on nand?
Yes they work on Tiramisu. Should work just fine installed to NAND or USB. They're so small though that it just makes more sense to me to install directly to the NAND.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes they work on Tiramisu. Should work just fine installed to NAND or USB. They're so small though that it just makes more sense to me to install directly to the NAND.
Errr....Maybe for not having to connect any device to the rear of the Wiiu and be able to load it directly? ^^

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr....Maybe for not having to connect any device to the rear of the Wiiu and be able to load it directly? ^^
Exactly, they're so small in addition to that, that I see no reason not to install on to the NAND. All the same, the answer to the initial question remains that they can be installed to either NAND or USB and work without issue.

I'll be honest though, your post that I quoted here reads like you thought I was advising against installing to NAND. Confused if you misread me or something. Cuz yeah I absolutely go the NAND route with this stuff as well.

Reactions: jeannotte

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Confused if you misread me or something. Cuz yeah I absolutely go the NAND route with this stuff as well.
Yep, I misread you ^^ Anyway, wanted to give feedback:
You remember the Forwarder you had given me for loadiine? It was working fine the first time I installed it....then, uninstalled because I tried to remake it with new image (the loadiine image) but it didn't work.....So I uninstall the newly forwarder un tried to remake, reinstalled yours....And now yours (your loadiine forwarder) doesn't work anymore :wacko:
I suspect there is bug toward forwarder in Tiramisu concerning rights problem concerning forwarders, maybe sometime it's work when installing and sometime it doesn't...or maybe it's related to my language (I really should I have done my system in english and not in French in order not to have some problem installing forwarders, that is what I'm beginning to think!!)
The Retroarch forwarder still seems to be working fine but I didn't try to change the image and reinstall. Weird things with forwarders in Tiramisu can happen....

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I misread you ^^ Anyway, wanted to give feedback:
You remember the Forwarder you had given me for loadiine? It was working fine the first time I installed it....then, uninstalled because I tried to remake it with new image (the loadiine image) but it didn't work.....So I uninstall the newly forwarder un tried to remake, reinstalled yours....And now yours (your loadiine forwarder) doesn't work anymore :wacko:
I suspect there is bug toward forwarder in Tiramisu concerning rights problem concerning forwarders, maybe sometime it's work when installing and sometime it doesn't...or maybe it's related to my language (I really should I have done my system in english and not in French in order not to have some problem installing forwarders, that is what I'm beginning to think!!)
The Retroarch forwarder still seems to be working fine but I didn't try to change the image and reinstall. Weird things with forwarders in Tiramisu can happen....
I dunno dude, I would have opted to just alter the banners and meta data and whatnot of the forwarder I provided, over FTP instead of the other route that you tried. My guess would be that the title ID got changed when you repacked it, and that would cause these fowarders to cease working.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dunno dude, I would have opted to just alter the banners and meta data and whatnot of the forwarder I provided, over FTP instead of the other route that you tried.
I tried both routes with nos success, alter your forwarder just at the banner/images and other solution...Try to remake another one from scratch with TeconMoon's WiiVC, and none of them worked ^^
Making a forwarder for a game is easy, but I don't know why, it's not the case for an APP

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried both routes with nos success, alter your forwarder just at the banner/images and other solution...Try to remake another one from scratch with TeconMoon's WiiVC, and none of them worked ^^
Making a forwarder for a game is easy, but I don't know why, it's not the case for an APP
The loadiine fowarder has to be made with the Haxchi method because it is a .elf homebrew. So using WiiVC will never work for creating a forwarder for that kind of homebrew.

As to why the FTP method is failing, I'm guessing it might be in the way you saved your .tga files. When you save your replacement bootDrcTex.tga and bootTvTex.tga files, you must save them in 24 bits/pixel resolution. While the replacement iconTex.tga should be saved in 32 bits/pixel resolution. My advice is to install the clean copies that worked for you again, save your .tga images appropriately (I use photoshop and it never fails in this process, which I have done many times for many titles installed to my Wii U) and transfer and replace in their appropriate locations over FTP.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

waywardLam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the tip, Do I understand correctly then that I need to re-inject all of my injects and make sure that the C2W box is checked in Teconmoons in order for the c2w Plugin on aroma to automatically apply the c2w patch? is that correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol