Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced

Today EA have revealed that Burnout Paradise Remastered is releasing next month:

"In 2008, the original Burnout Paradise came roaring off the starting line ready to demolish the competition. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts, and — most importantly — shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise set the bar for what an action racing game could be. And now, ten years later, it's back and ready to show a new generation of consoles the true definition of a “smash hit.”

Relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction of one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever. Featuring a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, it plays natively in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in 4K at 60fps on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X."

Burnout Paradise Remastered releases March 16th 2018.

:arrow: Burnout Paradise Remastered Official Site

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A port of a 10 year old game.. great... no, fuck you ea games.
really would love a new game with no bullshit like no lootboxes or a 60 bucks demo plus 60 for the game season pass\dlc shit
fuck ea for not releasing it on pc
The regular version is on PC, and all this is a graphical update. PC already has quite good graphics. (at the time)

Same damn thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-
Quite different actually. Remake = remaking the game entirely. Remaster is improvements.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldve been a great fit for switch, there arent that many racing games on there yet, especially "realistic" ones
not likely with EA stating it has no plans to release games for the switch following from Fifa 18.

i would prefer Burnout to go back to when it was great, not made into a NFS clone.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1080p/30fps switch version when? Or 900p/60fps with a lot of graphical effects and downgrades when? Or where is my handheld version with 720p/500p dynamic resolution with even more downgrades but at 60fps? :unsure:

Nah joking, perhaps something will come to the switch in the future. NFS Most wanted did pretty decent on wii u, so pretty sure at least a nfs game could come to switch.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
You're not making any sense to me. Sorry
60fps = trash. Burnout Paradise for PC is locked to 60 because it's an old game and engines were built to not run any faster because it wasn't really a thought at the time. I said I wish they'd make a PC port, someone said the PC version is already pretty nice and I said it's locked to 60. If they remastered Burnout Paradise for PC I can almost promise it will be unlocked framerate wise.

D

Deleted User

Heh, reminds me of back when I first got my PS2. My dad got Burnout 3: Takedown for the system, and I was worried because the game had a T Rating and I was afraid it would be a "bad influence," because I was one of those kids.

Funny, though; in retrospect, we both have a bit of a fondness for the game, and I'm eating my own words now that I've played Crazy Taxi (a game based around reckless driving) quite a bit.

Might be worth showing this to him.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes it is.
So shut the f-
no it isnt lol
remaster is usaly improving framerate ,resoultion, and afew more grpahical effects,textures, shadows and such normaly called hd remasters deluxe, or whatever.

Remake is making the game from the ground up like it was a new game for instance resident evil remake, pokemon soul silver,tomb raider aniversary,etc.

not likely with EA stating it has no plans to release games for the switch following from Fifa 18.

i would prefer Burnout to go back to when it was great, not made into a NFS clone.
i dont get why we cant get a burnout 3 remaster/remake isntead for me its hands down the best game in the series with no competition, its the fan favorite and criticaly favorite too with the highest total rating of all burnout games.

why paradise? makes no sence...

60fps = trash. Burnout Paradise for PC is locked to 60 because it's an old game and engines were built to not run any faster because it wasn't really a thought at the time. I said I wish they'd make a PC port, someone said the PC version is already pretty nice and I said it's locked to 60. If they remastered Burnout Paradise for PC I can almost promise it will be unlocked framerate wise.
lol now 60 fps is trash... seriously whinners get worse with every few years...

Last edited by pedro702,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Gee guys. Nowadays, anyone can find a reason to spit on EA.
Seriously, Burnout Paradise wasn't that bad.
And maybe(just maybe..), EA did that to see if there's enough demand for a new title.
How about they make a good Burnout (without microtransactions) and maybe people will buy it? But no, they instead making shitty spin-offs instead of a proper Burnout game.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
How about they make a good Burnout (without microtransactions) and maybe people will buy it? But no, they instead making shitty spin-offs instead of a proper Burnout game.

Yet this is a remaster of a GOOD burnout game from a decade ago.
So I'm not sure what's the point you're trying to make.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
revenge is my favorite burnout title. Servers been taking down 5 or 6 times already. But so many people love it, they keep putting them back up. Same goes for paradise, but for me paradise was a huge missstep. rather of had revenge remastered or a revenage sequal!

Revenge was awesome. It's quite literally why my 360 is still hooked up to my TV.

Reactions: chartube12

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yet this is a remaster of a GOOD burnout game from a decade ago.
So I'm not sure what's the point you're trying to make.
You said if they might see the demand, that will say if people buy this game. They might make more? That's a really bad practice and shouldn't be supported. If they made good games, people would buy them anyway. A remaster can still be destroyed and EA might just be the once doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)