PS1/2 Burning using a burned disc?

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I finally got a customer for PS2 modding and he is interested in getting Kingdom Hearts 2. Now, I already have this game for myself. Would I be able to pop this in my computer and copy the image file out the disc? From there, would I need to re-patch the ISO as well?

One more question for you guys too. Armadillo already tried to help me with this, but I figured it being mentioned in a new thread might get some more people to try and help me. I recently got Killzone online and all the 8 RARs have a .I00, .I01 and .MDS file, rather than single ISO. How can I combine these into an ISO? I know the MDS file can be read to burn the game, but I need an ISO to patch for ESR. I'm horrible with cmd, so if there is GUI or .EXE that does it you know of, a link or DL would be most appreciated. I googled this before but I haven't found anyone that needed to ESR patch as well.

Thanks for your time!

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Devil May Cry said:
Now, I already have this game for myself. Would I be able to pop this in my computer and copy the image file out the disc? From there, would I need to re-patch the ISO as well?
You won't need to re-patch it. Please note that giving someone your backup is breaking the law and the fine will be $500+ most likely.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Devil May Cry said:
Really? He has his own copy but lacks a burning method. Would that still fall into that category?
What would be much more legal is to get his copy and use that. Still might be illegal but you can't really blame someone for making they're own backup. Most likely no one would care then.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
playallday said:
Devil May Cry said:
Now, I already have this game for myself. Would I be able to pop this in my computer and copy the image file out the disc? From there, would I need to re-patch the ISO as well?
You won't need to re-patch it. Please note that giving someone your backup is breaking the law and the fine will be $500+ most likely.

says the guy with this in his signature .....

--------------------

PS2 Memoy Card Softmodding for $5, NDS (or NDS Lite) flashing for $5, NDS (or NDS Lite) Case Modifications for $10, Wii Modchip Installations for $20 (any kind of Wii) and Xbox 360 modding for $20 (any kind of Xbox 360). PM me if you want something.

-----------------------------------

clearly advertising as a business/money maker .... offering soft modding/flashing mod chipping and other modding in it that are ALL TOTALLY LEGAL doh!!!

btw its MEMORY not Memoy!

answer to the original question if your ps2 is using a modded mem card aka FMC BOOT and the other one is too the disk will already be patched .... then just copy the disk like any other backup the disk to your hard drive ... using something like IMGBURN and then just REBURN it using IMGBURN ..job done!

re killzone iso ... use WINRAR and extract from the lowest numbered file or the .rar file this will unpack the disk like unzipping a zip file leaving you with a single ISO file that you will probably need to patch and burn like other iso's
smile.gif

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil May Cry said:
Matt93 said:
Umm... have you ever burned someone a cd? Same thing.
Actually, I never have. Serious.
Wow, well you know my point, lol. Don't worry about what playallday is telling you. Burning someone a game or getting a burned game from someone is the same thing as burning a cd for someone. There's no chance in hell you will ever get fined.

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
playallday said:
Devil May Cry said:

says the guy with this in his signature .....

--------------------

PS2 Memoy Card Softmodding for $5, NDS (or NDS Lite) flashing for $5, NDS (or NDS Lite) Case Modifications for $10, Wii Modchip Installations for $20 (any kind of Wii) and Xbox 360 modding for $20 (any kind of Xbox 360). PM me if you want something.

-----------------------------------

clearly advertising as a business/money maker .... offering soft modding/flashing mod chipping and other modding in it that are ALL TOTALLY LEGAL doh!!!

btw its MEMORY not Memoy!

answer to the original question if your ps2 is using a modded mem card aka FMC BOOT and the other one is too the disk will already be patched .... then just copy the disk like any other backup the disk to your hard drive ... using something like IMGBURN and then just REBURN it using IMGBURN ..job done!

re killzone iso ... use WINRAR and extract from the lowest numbered file or the .rar file this will unpack the disk like unzipping a zip file leaving you with a single ISO file that you will probably need to patch and burn like other iso's
smile.gif
When I extracted everything, those 3 files are what I got. Armadillo said it was because of the uploader's drive. I just need to get those 3 into an ISO. Unless I can patch one of those 3 with ESR to make it work?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't patch the I00, or I01, it's a split file. If you're crap using the cmd, just mount the .mds in daemon tools or another virtual drive, then just image from that and you'll have your single file to patch.

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
You can't patch the I00, or I01, it's a split file. If you're crap using the cmd, just mount the .mds in daemon tools or another virtual drive, then just image from that and you'll have your single file to patch.
Now we're getting somewhere. Is Daemon tools freeware?

EDIT: I DLed it but whenever I try to open the EXE, nothing happens.

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
Unrelated to the topic, but I'm fairly sure that in response to kobykaan - modding any console you own in anyway isn't technically illegal, only what the user can do with it after.

If you mod the console/handheld and then only use it for homebrew or if you live in a country where backups are legal then you break no laws, only void warranties.

I have a CycloDS which is used illegally and a WiiKey that is used perfectly legally (as I haven't got around to burning my friends games after a year
smile.gif
).

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Devil May Cry said:
Armadillo said:
Now we're getting somewhere. Is Daemon tools freeware?

EDIT: I DLed it but whenever I try to open the EXE, nothing happens.

After you install it, it should just appear in the task bar when you run it. Nothing pops up, just a little icon in the task bar should appear.

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, didn't notice that. Okay, I have it loaded up now. What do I need to do to make it an image file that's patchable? Is it under Disc Imaging or do I have to mount (whatever that means)?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make a virtual drive, then mount the .mds to that. After that it's as if you have a disc in a physical drive. So just open imgburn, set to read mode, select the virtual drive with it mounted and make the image just as you would if you had a disc in a drive.

Devil May Cry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Armadillo. I got it now. I actually tried the files/folders->image after I mounted before I tried reading the virtual drive because I never noticed you can switch drive it reads from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night