Hacking Bricked?

kama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking up ways on how to uninstall Preloader and apparantly you can do it by installing a Wii System Menu. My brother looked for some and brought us to this. LINK REMOVED He put it on and we installed the .rar at the bottom. Now, when we turn it on, it's just a black screen. Nothing is working. Preloader was already on and hopefully it wasn't uninstalled when I installed the WAD.

Is there a way I can reverse this? Please, I'm desperate to get it to work again. Thank you very much.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If PreLoader is still there hold the reset button when you power on the Wii and undo whatever you did.

Not sure why you downloaded a health screen for a SM update? Page doesn't load for me so I've no idea what it is.

I'm baffled why you would have wanted to uninstall PreLoader though. Now hopefully you'll appreciate it's importance and leave it there if you get your Wii fixed.

Maybe you should stop modifying your Wii until you have read and learned enough to not do things like this?

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Well if you're still on 3.2 I don't see why you wouldn't have just used Wanin's 4.1 updater.. Even a Nintendo update would have been better than whatever you did.

Could possibly be that you downgraded an LU64+ Wii?

If PreLoader works, just get into HomeBrew and use Wanin's 4.1 updater. It will overwrite the older SM and hopefully fix the problem.

kama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
If PreLoader is still there hold the reset button when you power on the Wii and undo whatever you did.

Not sure why you downloaded a health screen for a SM update? Page doesn't load for me so I've no idea what it is.

I'm baffled why you would have wanted to uninstall PreLoader though. Now hopefully you'll appreciate it's importance and leave it there if you get your Wii fixed.

Maybe you should stop modifying your Wii until you have read and learned enough to not do things like this?
I did read and look around. I looked for help and I was told that I could Reinstall my current system menu with a WAD, which is what that was.

Also, I wanted to uninstall it because I didn't like it. It made everything load longer and the disk would spin indefinately when the Wii was turned off.

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Aug 11 2009, 10:26 PM) actually its a link to the sys menu v289 (3.2U) wad. Which is not allowed here btw!
I deleted the link. Sorry.

Yes, I realized halfway through the installation that installing a System Menu was a really bad idea. I realize I'm stupid for doing it. I was just hoping there was a way to reverse it.

Also, how long would I have to hold reset for it to load the Preloader. I held it for a few seconds and nothing happened. I will try it again.

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A few seconds is more than enough.

Turn the Wii off by holding power down until the led goes red.
Hold reset on and while still holding reset on hit the power button.

If preloader doesn't come up straight away it's gone. Which is most likely as reinstalling a system menu kills it.

Either a funky nand reprogram with infectus, which is not easy, or off to the big N for a repair I'm sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?