Hacking Bricked Wii won't even send video signal to tv"

Jinkolite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just called them and they warned me they will check if the wii has been modded. But true say it doesnt have a video output can they still do that ?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wiiztec said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Taking apart a controller? What is he talking about? That's not gonna have any affect on the software of the system, and that's what's fucked up with your Wii.

Really? SaveMiiFrii doesn't ring any bells for you?
silly boy.

he's talking about a wii controller not a GC one, savemiifrii i'm sure is just for a GC controller.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jinkolite said:
But true say it doesnt have a video output can they still do that ?

They can, whether they will bother is another matter. They might as the number of bricks caused by IOS seems to be higher than the number caused by boot2v4.

You can always refuse to pay if they ask.

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jinkolite said:
I just called them and they warned me they will check if the wii has been modded. But true say it doesnt have a video output can they still do that ?

If they really wanted to, they probably could, but they won't especially if it's that badly bricked. Even if they did, the repair price they quote you is the repair price regardless.

I had the same problem about 2 months ago: hacked, BootMii (boot2) would load but my NAND backup was hosed and no video output. Called N, they quoted me $60 to repair (which should've been higher, but they honored it.) Sent mine in, got back a refurb which was a little more scratched and uglier than my original, but it had 3.1U on it. Not 4.0 or 4.1. Of course, YMMV but I think saying that you're DEFINITELY going to get 4.2 is probably inaccurate.

Jinkolite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dole said:
Jinkolite said:

If they really wanted to, they probably could, but they won't especially if it's that badly bricked. Even if they did, the repair price they quote you is the repair price regardless.

I had the same problem about 2 months ago: hacked, BootMii (boot2) would load but my NAND backup was hosed and no video output. Called N, they quoted me $60 to repair (which should've been higher, but they honored it.) Sent mine in, got back a refurb which was a little more scratched and uglier than my original, but it had 3.1U on it. Not 4.0 or 4.1. Of course, YMMV but I think saying that you're DEFINITELY going to get 4.2 is probably inaccurate.

i just said it was coz i was updating to 4.2 and the guy even said himself that peoples wii legitimately have been bricking too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works