Hacking Brand new to Wii U hacking looking for help..

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i got a wii U today... i know it can be hacked .. just not sure how exactly complete noob ~~~ ive hacked a few consoles before like ps3 , wii original .. my Ps Vita so i figure this will be the same deal give or take ... Looking for advice tips ect anything will help .. any small or big advice will get me to the hppy point of haaving a hacked wii ... Respect for reading this at this moment i dont have a SD card just my wii U ,, I Know i need one ..

marcuis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You will need an external hard drive and the SD card. In my case I also needed certain wire because the hard drive didn't receive enough power (https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B01NAQPWYK/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I will leave some more links to the things I needed. Also, you will need format the hard drive to certain "mode" so the Wii u can read it and format it (the "modes" depend on the windows version you use, the Wii u wont read the newest modes). I recommend a 500gb one, specially if you plan to play a lot of games.

SD: mine is 32gb. The bigger it is, the more games you get to install at a time.

For the hacking, there are plenty of tutorials here and also on YouTube. I recommend you to install haxchi.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B06XTR3KPV/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B06VVS7S94/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by marcuis,
Reactions: SuperDan

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on 5.5.1, it is recommended that you block updates before accidentally installing 5.5.2. The browser exploit is much less stable on 5.5.2, and there's no reason to update.

If you plan on buying a DS VC title for Haxchi or CBHC, then it doesn't matter if you update to 5.5.2.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could read the community noob guide here on temp. Written by many temp users instead of just one person and constantly updated.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will have to wait until i can get a 32 gig sd card .. we had a tragic fire a month ago and my house and everything in it ..... is gone but the guide looks solid

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you're on 5.5.1, it is recommended that you block updates before accidentally installing 5.5.2. The browser exploit is much less stable on 5.5.2, and there's no reason to update.

If you plan on buying a DS VC title for Haxchi or CBHC, then it doesn't matter if you update to 5.5.2.
well my wii U is urned off im not goin to mess with it until i grab a sd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have a 2 tb
You will need an external hard drive and the SD card. In my case I also needed certain wire because the hard drive didn't receive enough power (https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B01NAQPWYK/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I will leave some more links to the things I needed. Also, you will need format the hard drive to certain "mode" so the Wii u can read it and format it (the "modes" depend on the windows version you use, the Wii u wont read the newest modes). I recommend a 500gb one, specially if you plan to play a lot of games.

SD: mine is 32gb. The bigger it is, the more games you get to install at a time.

For the hacking, there are plenty of tutorials here and also on YouTube. I recommend you to install haxchi.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B06XTR3KPV/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B06VVS7S94/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have a 2tb hard drive with 700 gig left on it formatted to FAT32 would that work?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering ive found a 8 gig SD card .. could i use this as a start ? chances of me getting a bigger one anytime soon is unlikely
Yeah that should be fine. When you are on the nand backup step just get otp.bin and seeprom and you'll be fine if you need to hardmod to fix later.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that should be fine. When you are on the nand backup step just get otp.bin and seeprom and you'll be fine if you need to hardmod to fix later.
little confused on what that means ... also i didnt relise i have to format my 2tb hard drive ,.. which im not willing to do as i have a ton of films on it .... so i was thinking could i for now just install nintendont? and use that ? and at some point .. i will grab another HD just for the wii U ?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
little confused on what that means ... also i didnt relise i have to format my 2tb hard drive ,.. which im not willing to do as i have a ton of films on it .... so i was thinking could i for now just install nintendont? and use that ? and at some point .. i will grab another HD just for the wii U ?
I the noob guide there is a step for backup up your nand. Do not skip this step.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
get-started

Follow this guide to get started, however you will need to find your fw version in system settings.

NNNNOOOOOOooooooo do NOT read or follow this guide. It is well known to be rubbish and wrong. Follow this guide and youll be back here asking how to do things properly. Use Kaflukes guide. If you follow wiiu.guide youll be installing haxchi and mocha and rednand and god knows what else for absolutely no reason at all. All you need is haxchi. End of. Unless you cant buy a DS games then use mocha. No need for rednand.

My advice...forget wiiu.guide.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NNNNOOOOOOooooooo do NOT read or follow this guide. It is well known to be rubbish and wrong. Follow this guide and youll be back here asking how to do things properly. Use Kaflukes guide. If you follow wiiu.guide youll be installing haxchi and mocha and rednand and god knows what else for absolutely no reason at all. All you need is haxchi. End of. Unless you cant buy a DS games then use mocha. No need for rednand.

My advice...forget wiiu.guide.
Fucks sakes ive done this so many times and it always gets stuck on the black screen ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7