This will be the Wii's swan song. Can't wait to get my hands on it

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
RupeeClock said:
I'm pretty sure this trailer isn't new at all, I've definitely seen it before.
I don't remember seeing the Goron though.

Oh and point of interest to you folks, play the audio from the trailer backwards, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
It's an old trailer with new clips.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This looks like it can be easily the best Zelda game in the series.

I always dreamed of playing Zelda with a real sword (We have the Wii Motion+ now), and I loved the cell-shaded style of Wind Waker, but never liked Toon Link.

And most importantly, the gameplay looks absolutely amazing.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda wish that you could use a Classic Controller if you wanted to. I couldn't stand Twilight Princess for the Wii because of the controls. I just stuck with my Gamecube version.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for something new, and all I got was the E3 trailer... Well, since my Wii is broken, I guess I'll have to wait until the Wii U launches or I have enough money to buy a cheap Wii. But one way or another I am playing this game!

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Dat music.
smileipb2.png

This will be the Wii's swan song. Can't wait to get my hands on it

I beg to differ. This will be amazing (and possible the best Wii game ever), but I think DQX will be the real final Wii masterpiece.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@0:42: Nice ass shot, Nintendo.

I'm not digging the art style at all, I preferred the Twilight Princess art style. It was much darker and moodier and it's one of the reasons I liked it so much.

I'll definitely play it but I probably would never buy it. I haven't bought a Nintendo game since Super Mario Galaxy.

D

Deleted User

The trailer looks good, I think I'll play it on my parents Wii when visiting them (sold mine last year because it was just gathering dust).

The HD version of the trailer on gametrailers looks a little sharper, though. Link (no pun intended)

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
The trailer looks good, I think I'll play it on my parents Wii when visiting them (sold mine last year because it was just gathering dust).

The HD version of the trailer on gametrailers looks a little sharper, though. Link (no pun intended)

How can there be an HD trailer when the Wii can only do 480p? Maybe they upscaled it.

I just hope they allow you to play with classic controls. as much as I like Zelda games (mostly everything up to OOT),
I really can't see myself arm flailing for too long before giving up on it. Leave the motion controls to games like Wii Sports
and other mini games and not something you could plays for more than an hour!

Mondegreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awssk8er said:
and I loved the cell-shaded style of Wind Waker, but never liked Toon Link.

Lol you have Toon Link as your avatar...

Anyway is is just me or does Link's movement (like when he's walking around) look a bit "off"? I can't place exactly what's wrong with it but it doesn't look right to me.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aeladya said:
Kinda wish that you could use a Classic Controller if you wanted to. I couldn't stand Twilight Princess for the Wii because of the controls. I just stuck with my Gamecube version.

I would have done the same, however the GC version didn't have a widescreen option, and since at the time I just had bought my first HD TV is was a major turn down.
Also the GC version came later then the Wii version ( smart way to go and sell your Wiis, Ninty ).
I would have preferred the GC version for two reasons: The controls of course, just like you say, but most importantly the Wii version was made for right handed players and since Link was wielding his sword in the left on the GC, they had to invert the whole game along with Link himself.
So after playing OOT, the new, mirrored Hyrule, didn't make much sense to me !
And regarding SS, it looks great, but to this day I still LOL when people say that the WW was their favorite Zelda, because when it was about to came out, most of the people were hating Nintendo for making a cartoonish Zelda and swore never to play WW....
It's a testament that Nintendo know what are they doing. Despite of bad criticism before a Zelda title launches, after everybody gets the chance to play it , it still remains a master piece !

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I'm a huge fan of the art style.
I just hope that the motion controls work better than they did in Twilight Princess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la