Nintendo confirms new Zelda is in development

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? I'd consider Majora's Mask story ESPECIALLY with the character development in my top 5 game plots list. I am still floored by it's storytelling, pacing, etc just like I was when I was 9 when it came out.

Anyways, I was really disappointed in BOTW. I beat it in March, haven't played it since, but I've beaten Zelda 1 several times since :gba: I'm not really wanting an open world game (at least the size of BOTW), and I am not the biggest fan of DLC either, so I'm sad they are considering that already

edit: I'd really like to see a really dark zelda game like MM (and I guess, to a lesser extent, TP)
Majora's Mask doesn't have THAT great a story if you only complete the main quest. You have to complete a lot of the sidequests for it to be really interesting (i.e. get more masks)

I personally find Breath of the Wild much the same way

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
OHH YEA WAKE UP AFTER A WAR, RUN AROUND AIMLESSLY, NOTHING STORY DRIVEN AT ALL

THERE ARE NO LEVELS, ITS JUST ENDLESS REPETETIVE SHRINES, DIVINE BEASTS AND AGAIN NO MISSION OR STORY DRIVEN SIDE QUESTS, JUST RUN AIMLESSLY IN THE HOPE TO FIND SOMEONE.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN EXPLORATION AND RUNNING AIMLESSLY WITH NOTHING DRIVING YOU TO ANYTHING, JUST HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING TO DO.

THAT IS YOUR OPINION, YOUR A NINTENDO FAN, OTHERS EVEN AGREE THIS IS FAR FROM THE BEST ZELDA GAME EVER, IT LACKS IN SO MANY WAYS, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO NINTENDO FANS, IF NINTENDO RELEASED A TURD AND SLAPPED MARIO/ZELDA ON IT, YOUD ALL LOVE IT.

FOR OPEN WORLD, I HAVE PLAYED FAR BETTER GAMES, AS FOR GOTY I HAVE PLAYED FAR BETTER GAMES THAN BOTW THIS YEAR.
Just remembered, the exploration in BotW is the only proper exploration there is in a videogame, but perhaps you'd prefer to have mommy hold your hand while you are fast-traveling between pre-marked exploration points on the map like a little girl?

And that wasn't a question, since we both know that I'm right.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So many fanboys. Botw is just a skyrim/assassins creed clone in a zelda skin. Zelda used to have a fairly ok balance between an on-the-rails story driven game and an exploration game. I'll admit, the hand holding to drive story was a bit overwhelming at times, but at least they had stories. Can anyone even explain what botw was about in more than a few sentences? I cant.

The best zelda games are still ones developed for nes, gb, snes, n64. I enjoyed botw, but I won't play it again. It had no notable moments. But I'll go back for that final Ganon fight in oot, the magic mirror puzzles in lttp (I've 100% that game like 10 times), the creepy vibe of mm or even links awakening for the nostalgia.

Botw is beautiful and big, but it has no substance.

"The bad guy comes to take over hyrule again, you must stop him.. or not. Do whatever you feel like I guess.. oh look a dragon, wtf was I doing? Oh yeah, kill ganon. The end"

Edit, I like how ganon is so tired of even putting an effort into the story that zelda has to explain "he's given up on taking form at this point" like.. he's just like "I'm here, what more do you want?"

Last edited by WeedZ,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
That Retroboy sure is a weird dude...

"If you're not thinking exactly like i am, YOU ARE WRONG.

I mean seriously, it's perfectly fine that he doesn't like the game, but what's the point in hating on others because of that and trying to win them over to his side.

Also, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best games ever created.

It'll sure be interesting to see what direction they'll take the new Zelda in.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That Retroboy sure is a weird dude...

"If you're not thinking exactly like i am, YOU ARE WRONG.

I mean seriously, it's perfectly fine that he doesn't like the game, but what's the point in hating on others because of that and trying to win them over to his side.

Also, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best games ever created.

It'll sure be interesting to see what direction they'll take the new Zelda in.

If you're referring to me as the weird retro dude, I'm not hating on anyone. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean it's a personal attack. I didn't call anyone names or tell people they are wrong. The posts above and below mine did.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're referring to me as the weird retro dude, I'm not hating on anyone. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean it's a personal attack. I didn't call anyone names or tell people they are wrong. The posts above and below mine did.
No, i wasn't referring to you.

Reactions: WeedZ

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remembered, the exploration in BotW is the only proper exploration there is in a videogame, but perhaps you'd prefer to have mommy hold your hand while you are fast-traveling between pre-marked exploration points on the map like a little girl?

And that wasn't a question, since we both know that I'm right.

That again is a fucking flawed arguement, dude seriously take your fucking fanboy glasses off for just a moment.

Just because you have a story doesnt mean your mommy is holding your hand, problem with BOTW is you wake up and that is it, massive map, run around with the hope to find something or someone.

end of the day, you love it great, that is your entitlement, but as you clearly have a different opinion as mine, STOP fucking quoting me forcing yours.

I like others do not think this game is as great as the fans are claiming, all of us that think this, will all state the same reasons why.

yet the fanboys cant accept it because theyre blinded by fanboysm.

Ill say it again, there is nothing stopping an open world action adventure free roaming game from having a story....... the fact that its taken nintendo ALL THIS TIME TO RELEASE A NEW ZELDA GAME AND THIS IS ALL THEY HAVE TO OFFER!!!!

sod off its a running tech demo of joycon motion controls.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask doesn't have THAT great a story if you only complete the main quest. You have to complete a lot of the sidequests for it to be really interesting (i.e. get more masks)

I kind of disagree, but agree at the same time because I feel like that is true of most games (like for instance, you COULD play only the main quest of Tales of Symphonia, but you're gonna miss out on a lot of stories and characters) . My disagreement is mostly because even in the main quest you still have a huge amount of the story that is good/pretty emotional/whatever. I'd say the stories leading up to the main dungeons that are required make the story really interesting and emotional, especially compared to most other Zelda games. The monkey being imprisoned, the goron elder, Mikau are all of note and all those alone bring a lot of character development. But that's just my opinion.

If you are just playing casually, it is also really unlikely you are going to go to do strictly the main quest only anyways (ie: get the bare minimum amount of items, and only the transformation masks, and talk to no one in the game) compared to others in the franchise, like, let's say OOT, because it is such a huge part of the game. Even getting some heart pieces adds story.

Again, just my thoughts/opinion about the game.

More [interactive] cutscenes and more voice acting could be a plus.
If it is good, yes. I actually found the voice acting in BOTW offputting, especially Zelda's VA. Can't speak for the japanese audio, I assume it is better.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I kind of disagree, but agree at the same time because I feel like that is true of most games (like for instance, you COULD play only the main quest of Tales of Symphonia, but you're gonna miss out on a lot of stories and characters) . My disagreement is mostly because even in the main quest you still have a huge amount of the story that is good/pretty emotional/whatever. I'd say the stories leading up to the main dungeons that are required make the story really interesting and emotional, especially compared to most other Zelda games. The monkey being imprisoned, the goron elder, Mikau are all of note and all those alone bring a lot of character development. But that's just my opinion.

If you are just playing casually, it is also really unlikely you are going to go to do strictly the main quest only anyways (ie: get the bare minimum amount of items, and only the transformation masks, and talk to no one in the game) compared to others in the franchise, like, let's say OOT, because it is such a huge part of the game. Even getting some heart pieces adds story.

Again, just my thoughts/opinion about the game.

If it is good, yes. I actually found the voice acting in BOTW offputting, especially Zelda's VA. Can't speak for the japanese audio, I assume it is better.
I thought zelda's (sorta) brit accent was kinda hot.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought zelda's (sorta) brit accent was kinda hot.
It grew on me. I actually really liked it in Champion's Ballad, whereas in the main game it could be kind of grating. I think the reason is that because the memories were prerendered, there wasn't enough time for some lines to be delivered properly, which is something they may have taken into account for the DLC

Reactions: WeedZ

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wot m8
TAKE GOGGLES OFF, MAYBE PLAY XBOX OR SONY...... AT LEST YOU GET THE GAMES FIRST.

BOTW IS A PAID OFF FANBOY RETARDED OVER CRITICISED GAME, IF THAT GETS YOU WET......... FUCK ME WE HAD THIS ON THE FECKING PS3/360....... WAKE THE FUCK UP..... THAT WAS 2 GENERATIONS AGO.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TAKE GOGGLES OFF, MAYBE PLAY XBOX OR SONY...... AT LEST YOU GET THE GAMES FIRST.

BOTW IS A PAID OFF FANBOY RETARDED OVER CRITICISED GAME, IF THAT GETS YOU WET......... FUCK ME WE HAD THIS ON THE FECKING PS3/360....... WAKE THE FUCK UP..... THAT WAS 2 GENERATIONS AGO.
We still can't hear you

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

We also had this exact game on the Wii U, which was one generation ago! This is a conspiracy, I tells ya!

That, uh, also makes it pretty difficult for it to be a JOYCON tech demo... since... well... the game doesn't use the Joycon in any special way (that other controllers can't also be used in)

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country

What did we have two generations ago?
Also, PS3/Xbox m 360 was last generation, not 2 generations ago.

It's ok little dude, i think everyone on the internet knows how you feel about BotW, but noone really cares and your quest to try to get everyone to change their opinion to match yours will most likely fail.

I have a suggestion for you:

The next time you see a thread that has something to do with Zelda, just ignore that thread, or if you are not able to do that atleast don't write any replies in the thread since you are just wasting everyone's time and their bandwidth.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, maybe even a little Link voodoo doll you can do some voodoo shit with.

And last

The Legend of Zelda : Breath of The Wild > Most games ever created.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did we have two generations ago?
Also, PS3/Xbox m 360 was last generation, not 2 generations ago.

It's ok little dude, i think everyone on the internet knows how you feel about BotW, but noone really cares and your quest to try to get everyone to change their opinion to match yours will most likely fail.

I have a suggestion for you:

The next time you see a thread that has something to do with Zelda, just ignore that thread, or if you are not able to do that atleast don't write any replies in the thread since you are just wasting everyone's time and their bandwidth.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, maybe even a little Link voodoo doll you can do some voodoo shit with.

And last

The Legend of Zelda : Breath of The Wild > Most games ever created.

it is a new generation, each time nintendo/sony or ms release a new console it is their next generation.

maybe if you see someone who does not share your opinion, then dont fucking quote them like a fanboy forcing your opinion.

end of.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

We also had this exact game on the Wii U, which was one generation ago! This is a conspiracy, I tells ya!

That, uh, also makes it pretty difficult for it to be a JOYCON tech demo... since... well... the game doesn't use the Joycon in any special way (that other controllers can't also be used in)

it can be when its initially created for .... then ported over.

just like la niore getting the ps3 version ported with customised controls for the joycon.

and this is the reason the wii u never had a new zelda title....... yea cracking game....... not.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can be when its initially created for .... then ported over.

just like la niore getting the ps3 version ported with customised controls for the joycon.

and this is the reason the wii u never had a new zelda title....... yea cracking game....... not.
That's great 'n all, but could you at the very least tell me what all of this fancy Joycon functionality is? I feel like I'm missing out, since I've just been playing it normally like some kinda idiot or something

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1